forum options

• stay on vb3

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • upgrade to vb4

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • migrate to IPB

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

John's old civic that is no longer with us...

Making progress :) Almost ready to have a skin to export from the dev site.

Maybe sometime this week or next weekend, i'll do the move.

Attachments

• vb4.png
    vb4.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 194
Does anyone still use the email service?
Powered by Everyone.net(TM)

i haven't even checked in there in like 3 or 4 years. heh it was neat at the time, but now with gmail and other good providers, it's kinda useless.

Nope. Still use it for FTP login though, but I'm guessing the FTP subsystem doesn't care if the email service is active or not. :)

Does anyone still use the email service?
Powered by Everyone.net(TM)

i haven't even checked in there in like 3 or 4 years. heh it was neat at the time, but now with gmail and other good providers, it's kinda useless.

No!

And it's annoying because the email tab is right under new posts link. For those of us who access the site from our phones, im constantly clicking the email tab because it's so much bigger.

ftp is not at all related, and i can always change your login mike.

did you guy see the screen shot above? any complaints?

i'm not seeing a tab for the image gallery. it would be nice to have a quick link to see pictures that were posted.

ftp is not at all related, and i can always change your login mike.

did you guy see the screen shot above? any complaints?

Figured.

Screen shot looks good. Go live with it. :)

i'm not seeing a tab for the image gallery. it would be nice to have a quick link to see pictures that were posted.

i'm not sure what the plan is for the gallery yet. i hate photpost and want to get rid of it. i've been looking into converting the photos into the stock albums feature in vb4. It's just coded so poorly....

Figured.

Screen shot looks good. Go live with it. :)
heh, it's not quite there yet :D

db conversion may take a few hours too via command line :/ not looking forward to that.

There is, but due to the size of our database, it's not a feasable option as it will just time out. the joys of running a big board :D

its going to be like coming home and finding that somebody has repainted and re-arranged the whole house.
while keeping some of the same stuff, little things have be changed here and there.

going to be odd coming to a different looking site.

its going to be like coming home and finding that somebody has repainted and re-arranged the whole house.
while keeping some of the same stuff, little things have be changed here and there.

going to be odd coming to a different looking site.

:werd:

I think that's what killed Digg... The scheme change was too dramatic. Not that this is as major, but it's the same principle.

Keep the #21588e, #e8e8f8, #f5f5ff colors though, and you can get away with alot of layout changes. Those are your brand identity.

Last edited:
Back