forum options

• stay on vb3

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • upgrade to vb4

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • migrate to IPB

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a hair off placement, but otherwise it's the same basic scheme.

Attachments

• 3vs4.png
    3vs4.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 201
The header bar colors are the same, but the inside colors aren't:

Pretty darn subtle, but makes a big difference I think

Attachments

• HS.png
    HS.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 201
Looks really good B. I may be one of the very few members that "use" the @hondaswap email though ha ha. I use it for forums and boards that do not accept free email addresses for registration. However the only time I ever check it is if I need to do a password reset.

I can keep it around. there's no cost involved in it. I'll likely move the link to the footer area though.

did a run tonight. vb4 broke everything. importer sucked. CLI doesn't run right. had all kinds of issues.

re-loaded the backup of vb3.

we're staying here for a while. vb4 isn't ready yet.

it was almost just like that, but with really gay looking fisher price buttons
vB4 = :thumbsdown: the skins for it are fucking terrible... shit literally hurt to look at :puke2:

did a run tonight. vb4 broke everything. importer sucked. CLI doesn't run right. had all kinds of issues.

re-loaded the backup of vb3.

we're staying here for a while. vb4 isn't ready yet.

So that's what all the weird errors were..

I caught some odds and ends of the upgrade last night. The layout did look all out of whack.

Is part of the problem with the upgrade that HS has such a large DB?

It doesn't help, but thats not the issue we faced last night.

The CLI errored out on one of the last steps with a
----------------------
error message

no big deal, i went into the gui and the upgrader picked up where it died it seemed. ran that, and then imported the dev site skin. things were good.
added 1 custom template (the advertise page) fully expecting it to not work, as it is still vb3 coded, but it brought down the entire site.
I removed the template
still white pages (not 500s, just no skin parse)
i deleted the whole skin and made a new default skin from the raw vb4 xml,
still no skin
and the CMS somehow loaded on a vb3 skin, which was deleted.

After an hour of fighting with this and dealing with useless vb support, i said fuck it and rolled back.

maybe we'll try again on vb5, but vb4 is garbage.

I'm surprised how often I see software that just is NOT compatible with the last years version of itself. And then the support people swear up and down on a stack of bibles that it is. Let's see, AutoCAD 2010 is stable as fuck with a 2010 drawing, but try working on an older version drawing in 2010 and you better set your autosave for 30 seconds.

Back