Upgraded OEM parts w/ boost??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16AT

On a B16A w/ 8.5-9:1 C/R and a couple CTR/ITR parts (pistons/cams/etc)...how much boost will this setup be able to take? I was thinkin of getting crane/crower/competion/etc. cams but i like using honda parts...just dont know if OEM can handle 20+ boost...thanks.

20psi?..most likely not. maybe around 9psi with tuning. even then because of the increased power you might want to upgrade your connecting rods(for +~250whp) for aftermarket ones.

With the right turbo setup, good fuel management and proper tuning you could get 250+ whp out of your b16 (OEM honda internals) pretty easy and have it be reliable. 300whp should even be attainable. My buddy made 277whp @ 14 psi on his b16 with a junkyard T3 .60/.63 turbo. I'm sure his new sc61 will be making a lot more power and he won't have to run as much boost to get the same numbers. We can't really give you a specific "psi" you can run though because that depends on too many things like horsepower goals, size of the turbo, etc...

thanks. thats exactly what i needed to know. i was doin some research on found that comp cams stage 1 exhaust and stage 2 intake would be the best bet. also probe racing has some nice forged connecting rods and low-compression pistons.

Back