Upgrades to my swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I know not all these upgrades will fit in this catagory, but what do you think about this setup for my ITR (please move this if it needs to be somewhere else)

- Toda Fly wheel and full face clutch
- Fightex coil overs type ST
- Custom exhaust (any suggestions for a universal muffler - no weed eater sound)
- Need a short ram intake/breather whats a good brand?
- Work RSZ-R 15's with Hoosier A3S03 225-45-15's

Thats just an idea for now. I still need to pick out seats that will fit me and get a removable steering wheel.

And what sway bars and body stiffening stuff should I get?

toda :thumbsup:
fightex :thumbsdown:
Maybe think about some teins or ground control
For the CAI look into a comptech icebox
RS*R Exmag or Apexi WS for exhaust.
Maybe a nice 4-2-1 Header?

im running the Toda flywheel and ACT SSXT clutch kit.... very nice :)

those are some VERY serious coilovers.... i hope you are planning to road course the fuck out of this car with little/no daily driving.... if not look into something a little less agressive

i have the tanabe HM... its quiet and deep when on the low lobes... screams on the high lobes (still sounds nice though.... not ricey at all) straight through design so it flows very well :)

for the intake definatly go comptech

good rim/tire selection

seats check out kirkey (if you are serious about road coursing the car) or if you want something a little more streetable look at corbeau :)

for sway bar i am using the suspension techniques speedtech system (rear sway/tie bar combo)

for tower bars check out the neuspeed front and rear (i think you can use the 3 point rear bar that they have)
or check out companies like cusco

oh and fuck the 4-2-1 that the last guy recomended unless you are getting something like the SMSP

Awesome info. You really think those fightex things are going to be too much if I'm going to have it on the street? I'll look around. Thank both of you for the input. Anything else I should be looking at in the lines of upgrades? Anything but forced induction or internal motor mods.

jic magic have a set out that are about 800-900 with a front pillow mount.

jhp has them for 850 but they are non dampening, they have the better set for like 1500-1600.
http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info...products_id=414

what type of engine management will you be running? hondata is supposed to be the best and the lower models like s100 and s200 arent too expensive. it all really depends on what your plans are and if your staying stock with the motor etc. http://www.hondata.com

staying stock with internals is the plan for now. i just want to get everything done to it i can without taking the motor apart. maybe one day i'll look into something internal, but for the most part, this motor should make me happy. jic magic are good? that price includes front an back shocks? and what is dampening? is it good to have?

hondata good for a stock ITR?

well since your not really running any mods other than an intake hondata might not be for you right now. what ecu are you going to use? type r ecu has an imobilizer on it so you cant use it someone correct me if im wrong on that.
yes these are sets of four.
JIC Magic Coilovers FLT-1US
The FLT-1US comes with non dampening adjustable w/front pillow ball upper mount and rear rubber bushing upper mount.

JIC Magic Coilovers FLT-A2
The FLT-A2 features a light weight, 15 way adjustable monotube damper that ensures high strength and fade free performance. The ride height is adjustable separate from the spring perch giving you maximum suspension travel at any setting. This also allows for proper corner weighting of the vehicle without effecting spring preload settings.

tanabe sustec pro s-oc street coilover

jic magic are good from what i hear but everyone has their own opinions on coilovers. i mean if your not going to be road racing or auto xing every weekend i wouldnt go crazy on coilovers. the 850-1000 set would probably suit you just fine. just keep asking and researching this, take the names of the coilovers i listed and search them on the net for more info. im not mentioning tein because of 2 different friends had them and they rusted and werent able to adjust them anymore but i know people on this site have them and they are fine so. for your exhaust you can buy a full exhaust for your specific car and just have them weld it at the header to make it fit if you want to go that route or just have the muffler shop make you an entire exhaust with a free flowing muffler like a dynomax or something. adding a rear sway bar will be a huge upgrade and i recommend you do that. the strut bars are a little over rated but will help some and a tie bar is worth less unless you get that full setup by comptech that has a sway bar tie bar combo. maybe get some 99-00 civic si rear control arms to make adding the sway bar easier. these are just my opinions on these things to try and help you towards the right direction. sorry for the run on sentences and bad punctuation i suck at writing.

Back