upgrading my fuel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So i'm getting into the final decisions of finishing up what parts to buy for my rebuild. I'm not really sure what fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail, and fuel pump to use. The guys trying to help me are pretty much just yelling things at me and i don't really get it so much. lol yes, i'm being a girl and i don't get it! lol i just need some advice on what i should look into getting. I also will be needing to get a new head gasket, so should i just go with an OEM or i've heard mugen or spoon, but i don't know if they make stuff for an h22. i just don't know!

here's what i have so far:

skunk2 vavles, valve springs, titanium retainers, stage 2 cams, and adj, cam gears
high compression pistons 12:1, eagle rods, clutchmater stage 4 clutch

i'm getting the block sleaved also but i'm not sure what brand i'm going with yet, i've alway heard that darton was the best, but idk yet. i'm also going to go with the s200 hondata i just haven't ordered it yet

i'm wating on getting an intake manifold cuz it's an easy bolt on, i was going to wait on the fuel stuff but my mom asked what i wanted for christmas so i thought that would be some fun stuff to ask for. and if there's anyother parts i may have forgotten that would be a good add to the list let me know.

youll be okay with an oem fuel set up. just get an intank walboro 255lph, and new filter.
cometic makes great head gaskets, and darton sleeves are fine for that build.

what mm are you boring the block to?

I'm not boring the block... i'm not really sure what all to do for specifics like that. i'm kinda clueless. i know the basics. idk... if you explain what boring does and how it will help and how much extra it will cost i'll prob do it. but i guess i'm confused, if i bore it out can i still use the same pistons and rods???? sorry i'm really not a dumb girl, i'm just learning lol :shrug2:

boring increases displacement by using a larger bore (the circle part) piston.
since you're getting it sleeved, the block will need to be 'finished' to the size of your choice any way.

it's a good idea to have the pistons with the block so the machiner can match it perfectly to your piston.

I recommend Benson's sleeves, but dartons are ok too

sleeves are "unfinsihed". you will need to have the machine shop 'finsih' them to the proper bore of your piston choice.

hummm....:eek: this is all so overwhelming! well thanks for all the advice and help. i'm sure i'll need more soon lol. but i'll let ya know what's all done and the specs after i get it back in and tuned :driver2:

i've been with out my car since aug i'm getting really excited that things are moving along so nicely! i'm stuck with a 97 ek hatch, and i hate it! it's a pos, but it's a car to drive in the winter and while mine is getting fixed

Back