upgrading my motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

onlyjdm

ok... im not new to the honda scene ive had a few i have did work to. but i just got a 1990 integra and im wanna do this one pretty much perfect... what do you think the first upgrade to the stock motor would be besides intake. what would be the best thing to purchase first to start building my motor up?

what's your ultimate goal for the car? it sucks to buy tons of shit that in a year you can't use or willhave to replace. plan now, buy later. pick a budget, and try to meet it within 10 grand. lol

i dont really have a certain amount i want to spend on it. im willing to put 60 grand into it if i had 60 grand but really im just tryin to build it up with 250 bucks aweek and i dont wanna turbo or spray it till after i get better cams and stuff so right now...

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 10 2004, 03:30 PM
All motor or forced induction?

I'd say to get the basics out of the way, a header and exhaust.
[post=400903]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree try to get the basics out of the way first, but you need to figure out your ultimate goal with this project.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Oct 12 2004, 08:45 PM-->
@Oct 10 2004, 03:30 PM
All motor or forced induction?

I'd say to get the basics out of the way, a header and exhaust.
[post=400903]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree try to get the basics out of the way first, but you need to figure out your ultimate goal with this project.
[post=401895]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true . . . kinda why i STILL have yet to buy a header.

i dont wanna turbo now, i just wanna go all motor... i can get a header 70mm throttle body bigger injectors aem fuel rail MSd ignition for like 400 bucks... should i just do that or is some of that stuff pointless for being non-turbo?

First of all, if you can all of that stuff for $400 then get me a set too. :p

70mm is too big for your t/b

injectors are not needed yet

fuel rail is not needed yet

MSD ignition is overrated and overpriced if you want my opinion

header - now you're talking... :D

n/a equal ls-vtec. and bolt on i/h/e. turbo will eliminate your header and intake so beware if you're going to buy some expensive stuff.

with a vtec head you won't have to bother with lopey cams for power and when you go turbo you won't have to change to a new set of cams.

its has 130000 miles but some old man had it till about 110000 and he took good care of it oil change every 8000 miles and it still runs strong and smooth and i dont really want to do the swap stuff yet im just tryin to build up my b18. i wanna be able to put a header on it and drive it the next day i dont want to do no major upgrades yet like swap...

If it's in great shape, bolt up a properly matched turbo and tune.

Back