Upgrading Suspension need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

megan racing is on-par with obx.

i don't care what parts they have, the quality of the product is just not there.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 12 2005, 02:43 PM

i don't care what parts they have, the quality of the product is just not there.
[post=524620]Quoted post[/post]​

And judging from people experiance with their LCAs, I wouldn't trust that they are going be making something like race suspension with anywhere near the credibility that other places do. Unless they are outsourcing, and then I could more than likely find the same part for cheaper anyway.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 12 2005, 01:23 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 12 2005, 02:43 PM

[post=524620]Quoted post[/post]​

And judging from people experiance with their LCAs, I wouldn't trust that they are going be making something like race suspension with anywhere near the credibility that other places do. Unless they are outsourcing, and then I could more than likely find the same part for cheaper anyway.
[post=524789]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok guys, here's the deal. I am not by any means promoting megan racing as a whole, as a matter of fact when I first visited the website I was quite disapointed by the quality of their other products. Some of their shit may be on par with OBX, but they MUST be outsourcing the coilovers.

The fact of the matter is, I have been in a car with their coilovers and it rode really nice. The dampening was adjusted to the softer settings and we never changed them so I didn't get to feel it's adjustability range, but the guy who owns them swears by them and I have googled them up and people on OTHER tech boards seem to like them.... They are an up and coming company and I think that the price is right where it should be. I actually found them for $850 shipped from somewhere but I forgot to bookmark it.

And :yes: their lcas suck that's why I'm going with srr. :)

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 12 2005, 12:37 PM
Ok guys, here's the deal. I am not by any means promoting megan racing as a whole, as a matter of fact when I first visited the website I was quite disapointed by the quality of their other products. Some of their shit may be on par with OBX, but they MUST be outsourcing the coilovers.

I actually found them for $850 shipped from somewhere but I forgot to bookmark it.
[post=524797]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're willing to spend $850 shipped from a no-name supplier to buy no-name coilovers, just buy the Omnipower coilovers. Their quality is proven, the coilovers actually have more useful features, and the price is about the same. Omnipower >>>> Megan Racing.

I can't even think about being able to afford coilovers at the moment lol. But I agree with alot of these people for the most part. Don't buy something just because it has a known name, buy what you need. if you are even thinking about getting serious, go ahead and get a serious suspension. at least then if you want to get serious you are set, and if you don't then you still have a good suspension and can always resell and go for a cheap one if you lost your mind. Myself personally, am going to go with a higher end one myself when I do get around to doing it, mostly because when I build my project 240, it is going to be a dedicated track car. which means stripped out, and modded with nothing but performance mods. but that's just me.. you do whatever you want with your car.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 12 2005, 10:52 PM
i found this amusing.

geoff from Full-race agrees with me on the teins.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=12...278411#16278411

and i'm pretty sure the no name hes referring to are the onmis.

maybe, hold off for the FR enginerred coilovers??
[post=525150]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont think they were omni's because he said "no they are just on this bbs and are nice guys" unless hes talking about the distributors. btw; his concern is drag application. if you want to see crazy damping; look at the Buddy Club dampers;
bc_rsd_front_dyno.gif

bc_rsd_rear_dyno.gif

the damping rate on those are like 3x stiffer than some of the revalved konis and teins.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 11 2005, 11:31 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 11 2005, 11:40 AM
megan sucks.  id rather have tiens.  lol
[post=524078]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=524496]Quoted post[/post]​

Tein =
no pillow mount -
Pillowball mounts are available for most models. Some people DONT want them, so at least they have the option.
shitty ride -
Bullshit. I have a set and they're great. But with adjustable dampening, and the ability to buy custom spring rates, it's up to the knowledge of the user to find a good match for their particular application and driving demands. This is why you buy adjustable coilovers...so YOU can tune them in.
limited dampening-
Bullshit. Only someone who hasn't driven in a car with a good set of Teins would say that. The diffrence between "soft" and "stiff" is vast and accurate. And if you wan't them to go stiffer, send them to Tein and give them the exact specs you'd like.

You can say that you "prefer" something else to TEIN suspension, but no one can say that they suck...because thats simply not true. It basically comes down to the individual's ability to tune their suspension to their driving habits and demands. I mean fuck....you cant plug in a standalone ECU and say it sucks before you even tune it, can you??

I'm not making a personal stab at you, I'm just stating this in general.

i personaly went another dirrection then everybody here has talked about. I put the intrax ARS coilovers on me car and i love them.........

Originally posted by tip@Jul 25 2005, 07:35 PM
i personaly went another dirrection then everybody here has talked about. I put the intrax ARS coilovers on me car and i love them.........
[post=531016]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

you're already going to be under the car so spend the 125 on a master bushing kit from ES. I bitched out on installing the bushings myself so I just took all my parts to a machine shop and spend close to 200 to install it. Very nice money spent, and my car rides awesome. Also add front and rear sway bars. Car handles like it's on rails.

Still unsure as to what suspension i'm gonna run. Haven't really had time to do any research either and am currently trying to find a daily driver beater. I am planning on installin the ES kit as well. In fact, thats why i've held off installing my integra brake swap because I wanted to install everything while its out. Off to bed.........

Man, what's all this ruckus!!!! I'll just buy a set of coilovers on ebay for $70 SHIPPED!!! And and then I can bounce around in my car like riding a horse. One advantage though. you won't need a head-bobbling doll in your car anymore, YOU ARE ONE. :D :p

Back