Upgrading Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
let's say I was to get a sweet deal on a Greddy kit from a friend, sweet enough not to pass up. I install it and later on want a larger turbo. Would this be hard to modify? I don't really understand if the size of the turbo has to do with how it bolts up so please, someone drop the 411 on my ass

oh and by the way, he wants $800

Is this a Civic or an Integra kit?

The Civic kit basically comes with a smaller version of the 1st gen DSM <Talon, Eclipse, Laser> turbo, the 14b. A 16G mitsu turbo is a bolt on upgrade, I'm pretty sure. Also, the 18G from the Integra kit is an even more aggressive upgrade.

The Integra kit comes with an 18G turbo. It's a pretty good sized turbo by itself, but a nice 20G turbo will bolt up as well.

think it was a something G turbo. I'm not really farmiliar with it cause I'm learning as I go and right now I'm just finishing up the suspention. So I'm not to that part yet. How does Greddy's tubo sizing work??

Greddy's sizing is mitsubishi's sizing (except hybrid). Look up a sizing chart, usually easy to find.

from what i know, turbos are universal.. so if you wanted to go to a bigger turbo, its a issue of the exhaust manifold and wastegate.. i believe most smaller turbos use a t-25 flange so if you wanted to upgrade the turbo, itll bolt right on.. not sure.. and most smaller turbos have a internal wastegate, so if u upgrade to external wastegate, you'll need to get a wastegate and a new exhaust manifold.. also, most wastegates vary too.. meaning if you went from 1 bar to 2 bar, you'll need different wastegate.. also, bigger turbo usually means more boost meaning more fuel.. but im sure you knew that.. anyway.. hopes what i said is relevant to what you're looking for.. late

Back