Urgent Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CLINTON

OK guys I really need help on the following problem !!!!

My car has a idle problem whereby the tacho jumps and then the motor cuts off, I have been having the problem for the past 3 months (on and off) .
This problem tends to go away for a couple of weeks then returns. The car feels as if its struggling for fuel. And when the engine stalls it sometimes refuses to start.

The car has been running fine apart from the tacho bouncing when driving in VTEC(no missing) for the past month until I changed to a whale pennis induction and the problem started again(Tacho splatters and car starts to miss/ jerk then stall) managed to drive the car home @ low RPM (2000-2500) and if it went above the tacho will start to bounce and car starts missing/jerking.

The car had been parked for a week and I moved her yesterday to have the paving washed. Later on the evening I started her to park her under the car port,
I then noticed the idle fluctuation (very slightly),and a slight touch of the accelerator was causing it to stall. Tried this a couple of times with the same result(car stalling as soon as the accelerator is pressed)There was also a distinct sound from the cone filter when I tried to press the accelerator.

Please if anyone has any experience with this problem please help.

Hope my explanation of the problem makes sense.
Thanks

Umm :lmao: I have to ask :bo: what exactly is a "whale penis" induction? :eek::huh::eek:

Have you checked to see which does it is throwing?

The "whale penis" intake is the J's Racing style intake and it's replicas.

Sounds like a ignitor issue; try replacing the distributor.

Sounds like a bad Dizzy to me. Had the same problem in my car changed it out and it went away.

Back