Urgent/Simple Wiring Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

schleht

Automotive Addict
My car's swap is almost complete the last step is wiring V-TEC. I'm almost finished with the procedure I just have one slight bump in the road. I wired the wires through the cabin to the wiring harness, got pins from a junker and used red connectors to connect the wires together. I connected the pins into the slots I just have one random wire I dont know what to do with from the previous owner and it's driving me crazy because I know it's the only thing holding my car back from vtec engagement. It's a red wire coming from the vtec solenoid that is just sitting connecting to a bolt it's not susposed to. Am I susposed to splice it with the wire coming out of the same place it appears from? Please help me it's the last step and I really want to try the car out with VTEC.:eek:
First picture is of what I think is the problem, the random red wire connected to nothing(what should I do with it?). The second picture is of the wires used to run through the firewall, and the final picture is of the ECU and wiring harnesses.
vtecwiring.jpg

vtecwiring2.jpg

vtecwiring3.jpg

Thanks again guys, please help me it's my last step.:(

Thanks Guys...NOT

Well, I figured it out by just pure luck. I thought about the problem and just used common sense and removed the wire clamp and the red wire that was connected to the bolt that holds the VTEC solenoid onto the engine removed the clamp that was connecting the black/blue wire to the wire that I ran through the firewall twisted the black wire together with the black/blue wire and connected them both with a wire clamp to the wire I ran through the firewall and TA-DA! This thread might become useful to someone so It wasn't all in vein. If anyone needs it I have pictures of how the vtec solenoid wiring should look. Just private message me and I'll email them to you with some detail instructions.:eek:

The "red" wire is crimped onto a black wire, because that's the ground and is supposed to be grounded to something other than the solenoid itself. The thermostat ground is a good location.
Thanks for the input. I need you to help me out tho and explain this to me. When I had the wire grounded to the thermostat ground the VTEC wasn't engaging. Now that it's spliced together with the black/blue wire I am getting VTEC engagement. What should I do?

Thanks for the input. I need you to help me out tho and explain this to me. When I had the wire grounded to the thermostat ground the VTEC wasn't engaging. Now that it's spliced together with the black/blue wire I am getting VTEC engagement. What should I do?

Check with the srt4 forum. ;l

Back