US Armed Forces... Which Branch???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO OUT ON A SHIP IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO!!!!!

alot of ppl have the misconception that when you join the navy you are forced to be on a ship
INCORRECT!!!
my dad(stepfather) is in the navy-he chose to go on a ship-now he stays on land and does curiculum shit.
my father(birthfather) retired about 6-7 years ago and never went on a ship..he was a master at arms..transported weapons.tested weapons..all land fairing jobs...
there are so many jobs in the navy you can do and never step goot on a ship..but i will tell you ive been on a sub and it is awesome(minus the close living quarters)
i wouldnt rule out navy if i was you..

Idk I've seen too many gay sailors come in to bestbuy lol. On a serious note though it just doesn't seem like it would work very well with what I intend to do. It seems my best option would be to go in the reserve. Still open to suggestions though, really appreciate you guys' input.

my dad (stepfather) is in the navy-he chose to go on a ship-now he stays on land and does curiculum shit.
my father(birthfather) retired about 6-7 years ago and never went on a ship..he was a master at arms...
So did your father and your step-father meet while they where in the Navy?:ph34r:
there are so many jobs in the navy you can do... but i will tell you ive been on a sub and it is awesome (especially the close living quarters)
i wouldnt rule out navy if i was you..
What kiiiiiind of jobs can you do in the Navy. :ph34r:X2

:super:

Bro, dont let any ONE person influence YOUR choice about the military, go talk to a few recruiters but NEVER bring a pen until you have completely made your mind up of which branch you are going to join. It should be almost a calling, something you dont even have to think about and thats what branch you should join.

For me it is the Marines, sure its a tough life, and you aren't going to have all the awesome stuff that the Air Force has but trust me, I started signing on with the Air Force, got DQ'd for a medical condition, went to the Army got cleared, and Finally wound up in the Marine Corp Officer Program.

It took me 6 months to figure out which on I truely wanted to do and in the end I'm extremely happy with my choice.

Ill go to Boot in June of 2012 if all goes well with my college degree staying on time, and then ill further my education in the Corp and so on.

Just make sure the branch you choose is going to be the branch you will like for the 4, 5, 6 year term you are in, or even longer.

And don't let the flashy 40K bonus make you sign an enlistment paper either. Every branch has RE-enlistement bonuses, but the army is pretty much the only one that you will get a "hefty" bonus after Boot and AIT.

Good Luck Bro!

Honestly I tried getting in to the Army for like a year just to get denied then I tried to get into the Air Force and still didn't get in. I finally got into the navy and I'm glad I did. What alot of people think is that everyone in the navy is out to sea all the time. While it's true most people do go out to sea it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I had this one guy I worked for had been in 18 years and never been on a ship. He had been stationed overseas but never on a ship. Don't rule it out because you don't want to live in the middle of the water. If you are looking to travel and see the world the navy would be the best way to go. Every other branch you get sent somewhere and you are there for 3 years then move somewhere else. In the Navy you go out to sea for 6-9 months and you visit 5+ countries, and it doesn't cost you anything. Lets say you do go in a ship all that money that you get paid you will save up because you can't just go to mcdonalds or buy all this useless crap you don't need like you can when you are at home. When you get back home you have this nice stack of cash go buy something nice maybe a new car.

Back