US gets shafted for the 348340 time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I was searching vtec.net today, and saw this article...

JDM mini van

jdm_ody-07.jpg

If anyone has ever driven the odyssey, they will know that the seats suck. There so flat and don't hug you at all. The JDM mini van gets Recaro's? WTF?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 12 2004, 10:11 AM
I was searching vtec.net today, and saw this article...

JDM mini van

jdm_ody-07.jpg

If anyone has ever driven the odyssey, they will know that the seats suck. There so flat and don't hug you at all. The JDM mini van gets Recaro's? WTF?

jdm_ody-10.jpg

They must have made a mistake, that's a picture of the new Si, right? :lol:

EDIT: Damn, they won't allow remote linking, just go check out the article :)

Sorry Colin, I wasn't aware that you buying a Odyssee in the near future and cared what seats were in there :p

Yip, Odyssey Absolute, like Type R, pretty nice for a mini van.

But I think the Recaros are just an option, if I could read Japanese, I'd be able to tell ya.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 12 2004, 02:36 PM
fuckers :angry:

isn't the Insight rocking Recaros? :lol:

The Odyssee seats don't have shit on EG DX seats, trust me.

i think the insight seats are made by recaro
not 100% sure though

Insight seats are comfy, lightweight and solid. I wouldn't doubt Recaro had their hands in them,

But European seats are usually rock hard. The Insight looks like the upholstery was all Honda.

-> Steve

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 12 2004, 09:56 PM
not 100% sure though

If they don't say Recaro, they aren't. There was a big todo on H-T about this, people kept saying the 89-91 CRX Si seats were Recaros, and Honda and Recaro both said (I called and talked to them) that the only seats they made for them for production cars were the Type R's (Civic, Integra, Accord)

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 12 2004, 04:58 PM-->
@Jul 12 2004, 09:56 PM
not 100% sure though

If they don't say Recaro, they aren't. There was a big todo on H-T about this, people kept saying the 89-91 CRX Si seats were Recaros, and Honda and Recaro both said (I called and talked to them) that the only seats they made for them for production cars were the Type R's (Civic, Integra, Accord)

If this is true, Honda did a damn good job on the Del Sol seats. I can sit for hours in those.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 12 2004, 06:12 PM
I find the stock Civic DX seats a bit uncomfortable. Might locate some Del Sol seats...

I'm saying bro! I could drive 45 min at most before I had to get out and walk around in those seats...

Cardboard + Staples +Wal Mart quality stuffing = DX Seats.

Originally posted by Havok@Jul 12 2004, 06:32 PM
I'm saying bro! I could drive 45 min at most before I had to get out and walk around in those seats...

i think my DX seats are kinda comfortable, but then again i've never sat in recaros either

Back