usability question

button?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
question for you guys...

i'm build a webapp, and i need to see which most people would go for.

would you click on the buttonA or bustton B to submit the info-- as habiit... like a quick move of the mouse, which one would you expect to be the submit button, and which one would you expect to be, like a preview button or reset button

blah
blah
blah

...............[button A ]......[button B]...........

Reflex I would say A, but since I have installed some sneaking ass software that words "would you like to install XXXX.toolbar.killyourcomputer.virus?" I always read first.

My natural instinct says A, but then the cerebelum portion of my brain says to go with B...What was the question?

From a usability perspective, and because I have already encountered this with my system, the Submit button is always first (since we read from left to right) the preview and/or rest button is on the right or subsequent to the submit/ok buttons...

hth

If I remember my psychology class, most right handed people should choose A, and most left handed people should choose B, but I'm left handed and choose A... hmmmm... overthinking this?

i want to change my vote to A.

Maybe dislexic people or whoever they're called when they read English things backwards they choose B.

Back