USDM Cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Define what you mean by "hotcakes" and what USDM cars. I doubt that there are many new USDM cars that the Japanese have waiting lists for in Japan at the dealerships. I think that the auto afficiondos will import some old Japanese cars back into their countries like old Z cars and I noticed an AllTrac went home recently on another board. Do they want a new Focus? I doubt it.

like the popularity of USDM cars and parts. I saw some pics of riced out cars in Japan with USDM parts. Like an Integra with a USDM front end with extra ducts cut out for extra headlight pods.

yea, i've seen a cavalier in japan that was all USDM'ed

gay...

Oh okay I see what you mean. Yeah, the kids over there get a kick out of putting USDM mods on their cars. Silly, but just as over here, everyone wants to be special and unique. The same goes with music and fashion, we are all curious about international trends.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 9 2004, 12:34 PM
Do USDM Cars sell like hot cakes in Japan?

Popularity-wise?
[post=429450]Quoted post[/post]​

I have it on good order that '95-'99 Eclipse GST and GSX are WILDLY popular over there.

ive heard of the Japanese buying lowrider cars from over here and having them shipped to Japan. thats all i have ever heard.

Ive seen pics of car shows ove htere. they are really into classic american cars over there. from what i saw it was everything from model t's to muscle cars

Originally posted by senate_9427@Dec 9 2004, 09:56 PM
Ive seen pics of car shows ove htere. they are really into classic american cars over there. from what i saw it was everything from model t's to muscle cars
[post=429555]Quoted post[/post]​

haha put a k series in a ford model t

Yeah Japanese will pay TOP dollar for American Muscle, very popular. And yes USDM parts are hot like JDM parts are hot here. This one guy came around my friends' shop and bought a bunch of usdm headlights/tailights/bumpers/trim that we had lying around and said that he takes them to Japan and sells them, I was hoping he'd be willing to do a straight trade over for JDM stuff, but no :(

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Dec 10 2004, 04:27 AM
Yeah Japanese will pay TOP dollar for American Muscle, very popular. And yes USDM parts are hot like JDM parts are hot here. This one guy came around my friends' shop and bought a bunch of usdm headlights/tailights/bumpers/trim that we had lying around and said that he takes them to Japan and sells them, I was hoping he'd be willing to do a straight trade over for JDM stuff, but no :(
[post=429766]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be sweet if they were willingly to trade for USDM for JDM

I smell a new business..........It's a good idea, if you have a shipper that won't fuck you.

I smell a new business..........It's a good idea, if you have a shipper that won't fuck you.

Damnit! My hidden intentions were found out! lol

I hear that aftermarket JDM Wheels are super cheap over there, like $400 for a set of Long Champs!!! You pay around a Grand for those over here.

here is a little bit of interesting info i received from a local shop here in SoCali.

the shop is located in Garden Grove, CA. They are a tuner of Nissans and Mazdas.
While we were waiting for my buddies car to be finished we started chatting with one of the owners. he said that in Japan not many people have fixed up Civics/Integs/Accords...etc. And he said that the Prelude is super rare in Japan.
He said the majority of young people that are into sport compacts drive Silvias/Supras/RX7s/Skylines. He went on to say that he laughs at the whole JDM frenzy that's going on here in the US because it's artificial...it doesn't really exist there.
he said for every 1 fixed up Civic in Japan there are about 3-4 fixed up Silvias or Skylines.

i mean it makes sense because every time a magazine here features a Japanesse car it's more then likely not a Honda.

i just wanted to share this with you all.

Hondas are more of a cult thing IMO. We have car clubs comprised entirely of Honda vehicles because there are so many of them, they are fairly easy to maintain and modify, and they're reliable (as long as you don't have a T4 turbo running with stock internals)

id only do a few things jdm to my car, like jdm 1 piece headlights and thats about it, jdm isnt really all that serious too me. but i would like to ride the band wagon with 240s because they are fun rwd drifting!!!

Back