Usdm Civic Type-r?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 5 2003, 05:51 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Apr 5 2003, 11:32 PM
And the point is (I was trying to be nice here) that you don't know your ass from a hole in the damn wall.

Get a clue.

What you think would be cheap for them, wouldn't.

Import costs are insane.  Research and Developement costs are also off the wall...the primary reason why companies are hesistant about doing R&D.

In a nutshell everything costs way more than you would expect and it would be a losing venture for Honda.  If it wasn't we wouldn't be sitting here talking about it because they would've introduced the product over here already.

As I already stated they have people who's entire job is just making these marketing and finnacial predictions....lots of experts filling these positions...they know a hell of a lot more than some kid such as yourself trying to tell them what their marketing plan should be.

Reality check.

Don't bother to respond because I made my point and I won't listen to anymore yipping or yapping how you know better than Honda.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA you're funny,kid,that's a good one hahahaha

Look dude,there are more reason's why thet don't import them into the states besides RnD.They export them to the rest of the world,and guess what they sell.

I'm not telling Honda what their marketing plan is haha,I could careless about their marketing plan.But you seem to think you know what their marketing strategies are so why don't you lay them out for us....oh you don't hahaha surprise.Maybe you can go to their facilities in Torrance and ask.

They export to other parts of the world because its profitable there for them, nimrod.

If it was profitable here then they'd be in the states.

Take a business course or study business for the love of god before you even attempt to preach to me.

Trust me, you don't know your ass from a hole in the wall, here and you're in over your head.

Doggy paddle yourself out of the big kid's pool and wade into the kiddy's pool.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 6 2003, 12:42 AM
Take a business course or study business for the love of god before you even attempt to preach to me.

Trust me, you don't know your ass from a hole in the wall, here and you're in over your head.

You can stop acting like you're some business god now,no one cares.You don't know me,or what I know or have done or read up on,not to mention I don't give a shit about your views,if I did I'd PM you and say "hey tell me more of your fascinating insight",but I don't,so I didn't.So now please pull you stuck up,better than you attitude having head out of the clouds,and come to earth,stop acting like big shit,because you're not.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 4 2003, 07:35 PM
remember that if you want performance like that you also have an out tof the box price tag around $30,000. and i don't know about you but i don't have that kind of money, and i'm betting a lot of the people on here don't either thats why were tuning sub $5,000 cars.

new Neon SRT = faster than any civc out of the box, turbo, big brakes - no luxury - all the money went to performance.

20k.

Honda can produce something infinitely better for 25k, I am sure of it.

so i guess the solution would be to add a turbo and an lsd to the new si, and charge $24,999 for it, wait we don't live in a perfect world do we?

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 5 2003, 07:02 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Apr 6 2003, 12:42 AM

You can stop acting like you're some business god now,no one cares.You don't know me,or what I know or have done or read up on,not to mention I don't give a shit about your views,if I did I'd PM you and say "hey tell me more of your fascinating insight",but I don't,so I didn't.So now please pull you stuck up,better than you attitude having head out of the clouds,and come to earth,stop acting like big shit,because you're not.

Laughable.

Everything I said was true.

Get your fucking head out of the clouds, you act like you could possibly know more the expert market stategists for Honda and how dare I point the fact that you know nadda out.

I deal with running businesses all the time.

So when you get a fucking clue about marketing strategies you can have an opinion that was based upon facts, not just because 'I said so.'

Businesses are out to make money <duh> if they could possibly make more money by producing a specific product they would be producing it....it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize this.

I'll leave you with a little example;
People always bitch about UPS having shit hours to have their offices open to send packages. Many people complain that the offices should be open longer to better accomodate their needs...but guess what, they aren't.

95%+ of their business comes from other businesses sending goods, so they don't care about that small percentage of 'common' people that want the offices to be opened longer so they could ship their goods. Its not worth UPS's while to keep the offices open that late because they'll only be losing money.

Relate this example to honda making a car specifically to make car enthuisiasts happy.

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 5 2003, 07:58 PM-->
saturn_boy96
@Apr 4 2003, 07:35 PM
remember that if you want performance like that you also have an out tof the box price tag around $30,000.  and i don't know about you but i don't have that kind of money, and i'm betting a lot of the people on here don't either thats why were tuning sub $5,000 cars.

new Neon SRT = faster than any civc out of the box, turbo, big brakes - no luxury - all the money went to performance.

20k.

Neon = domestic = doesn't have huge tariffs imposed = poor quality = shit customer approval rating = everyone selling neons after having them for only a few years

I do agree that honda can make something so much better but its going to cost some...more likely than a subaru. I think for the performance that people pay for honda is more expensive than subaru.....so to have a car of higher performance is going to be more expensive than a subaru, unless they cut corners.

Prime example look at the s2k. Nice car, nice car to cruise in...but just doesn't have it performance wise. Its still 30,000. Now the JDM version is hot but the USDM version is way watered down, yet people still will pay that price for it. Why sell something for less and cheapen the brand name when honda could charge more. Its like mercedes making an inexpensive car, its just going to cheapen their name and set a new benchmark that the company will have to live by.

DId you say you are a 17 year old kid, and yet you say you know everything, and deal with big businesses all the time? Sounds like some :bs: and yeah 92b16vx is right, you do think your shit doesn't smell.

The problem is, the little man is everything, and the big man is what brings the stuff to the little man in business. Rember the ideals on what the Country was founded, the american dream, and car companies try to fuel it. Remember what ford brought to the automobile industry. EVERYTHING!!!

If Honda brought back the CRX with the characteristics of an 88-00 civic I would sell my truck for it in an instant, I probably will never buy a new Honda with how they changed. I was lookng at an RSX but decided against it, bought a new truck (for more 6,000 under sticker price) and bought my CRX.
I do agree the new SI looks lke a fukus SI.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 5 2003, 11:38 PM
DId you say you are a 17 year old kid, and yet you say you know everything, and deal with big businesses all the time? Sounds like some :bs: and yeah 92b16vx is right, you do think your shit doesn't smell.

The problem is, the little man is everything, and the big man is what brings the stuff to the little man in business. Rember the ideals on what the Country was founded, the american dream, and car companies try to fuel it. Remember what ford brought to the automobile industry. EVERYTHING!!!

Yeah.

You can see me in Orlando, FL on the 25th if you so desire for the national DECA competition. Thats a business competition that CEOs and VPs of big companies come to and hand out scholarships, get new ideas, etc., etc.

Out of a few thousand dollar trip I spent eighty dollars out of pocket...everything else was paid for me.

I've gotten offers for scholarships at UNCW's business school...which is ranked higher than Chapel Hill's business school, UM where one of the top 3 men from microsoft went to college and he now funds the business school...and a bunch of other in state colleges.

I also assist in running my school's business and my uncle's car audio store.

...but I'm just some dumbass young kid.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 5 2003, 11:34 PM-->
Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 5 2003, 07:58 PM
saturn_boy96
@Apr 4 2003, 07:35 PM
remember that if you want performance like that you also have an out tof the box price tag around $30,000.  and i don't know about you but i don't have that kind of money, and i'm betting a lot of the people on here don't either thats why were tuning sub $5,000 cars.

20k.

Neon = domestic = doesn't have huge tariffs imposed = poor quality = shit customer approval rating = everyone selling neons after having them for only a few years

I do agree that honda can make something so much better but its going to cost some...more likely than a subaru. I think for the performance that people pay for honda is more expensive than subaru.....so to have a car of higher performance is going to be more expensive than a subaru, unless they cut corners.

Prime example look at the s2k. Nice car, nice car to cruise in...but just doesn't have it performance wise. Its still 30,000. Now the JDM version is hot but the USDM version is way watered down, yet people still will pay that price for it. Why sell something for less and cheapen the brand name when honda could charge more. Its like mercedes making an inexpensive car, its just going to cheapen their name and set a new benchmark that the company will have to live by.

Your are blind. Huge trade tariffs? look at the CRX. Put turbo and an LSD, bigger brakes in a CRX and you have a fucking rice rocket out of the box.

I see preaching about marketing and shit up there. You want to tap into a market? try the ENORMOUS , NEW, import tuner market. Give them something with almost no luxury, all performance, and 25k as a price tag and you will have people trying to preoder half a dozen of them. Guaranteed.

Oh, and more proof? why don't you look at the last generation integra type R. They didn't even have a fucking tape player and soundproofing, now they are considered a rare car, and people STILL pay 25,000 for them. And im pretty sure they were "ok" quality.

You know nothing about Honda, and you know nothing about business. And so, I vote for --> :owned:

and you want to talk about your little business trip, the only business your going to be involved in is managing a McDonalds with your logic.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 5 2003, 09:44 PM

Yeah.

You can see me in Orlando, FL on the 25th if you so desire for the national DECA competition. Thats a business competition that CEOs and VPs of big companies come to and hand out scholarships, get new ideas, etc., etc.

Out of a few thousand dollar trip I spent eighty dollars out of pocket...everything else was paid for me.

I've gotten offers for scholarships at UNCW's business school...which is ranked higher than Chapel Hill's business school, UM where one of the top 3 men from microsoft went to college and he now funds the business school...and a bunch of other in state colleges.

That's nice, Look up the Lake Stevens High School People there. We have many from my school I guess. I am not in DECA or anything like it. I like DRAFTING and was in tech for 3 years.

I was offered a scholar to good ole pheonix university, then arizona state, a partioal to Art Institute of Seattle, but I am holding out till I get one to UW.

Good luck with the business stuff. :D

"Your are blind. Huge trade tariffs? look at the CRX. Put turbo and an LSD, bigger brakes in a CRX and you have a fucking rice rocket out of the box. "

You just proved yourself asinine right there.

What the fuck does a CRX and putting a turbo on it have to do with trade tarrifs.

Do you not understand that to import cars into this country there's a big tarriff so the domestic cars can compete with the foreign cars?

Whatever car it is or whatever it has on it means nodda...the fact remains that there's trade tarriffs so Honda isn't going to be able to build something as cheap as a domestic, thats just the way it is and thats the way its meant to be set up. We don't wouldn't want to have a big difference in our import and exporting amounts or else our economy would go to shit...so the government does things to favor domestic car makers.

Do you grasp the concept now?

You just talked so loudly out of your ass I really don't know what to think of you.

I talk about trade tarriffs and you talk about a CRX being a rice rocket out of the box.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 5 2003, 11:57 PM
"Your are blind. Huge trade tariffs? look at the CRX. Put turbo and an LSD, bigger brakes in a CRX and you have a fucking rice rocket out of the box. "

What the fuck does a CRX and putting a turbo on it have to do with trade tarrifs.

Do you not understand that to import cars into this country there's a big tarriff so the domestic cars can compete with the foreign cars?  

Whatever car it is or whatever it has on it means nodda...the fact remains that there's trade tarriffs so Honda isn't going to be able to build something as cheap as a domestic, thats just the way it is and thats the way its meant to be set up.  We don't wouldn't want to have a big difference in our import and exporting amounts or else our economy would go to shit...so the government does things to favor domestic car makers.  

You just talked so loudly out of your ass I really don't know what to think of you.  

I talk about trade tarriffs and you talk about a CRX being a rice rocket out of the box.

Dude I understand tariffs, along with the global economy. My point was that tariffs have not stopped honda from importing high performance cars at reasonable prices. How would they be any more of a factor now than before? Thats right, they aren't. And as far as your genius comment about not being able to build stuff cheaply - why don't you go over to japan and work in a Honda factory for 99 cents per hour. HMMM could that be an equalizing factor? cheaper labor? cheaper parts? I mean, how the fuck do you think american companies get the parts for THEIR cars? THEY IMPORT THEM. Living in japan would probably not require them to import parts. In fact, are you aware that tariffs are just to make it to domestic companies have a fair chance? Hmm, I'm seeing equalizing factors that your ingenius business sense failed to detect.

who cares.

its got gay suspension
its got a gay k-series
it look sand performs like a focus
typeR this

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Apr 5 2003, 11:55 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Apr 5 2003, 09:44 PM

Yeah.

That's nice, Look up the Lake Stevens High School People there. We have many from my school I guess. I am not in DECA or anything like it. I like DRAFTING and was in tech for 3 years.

I was offered a scholar to good ole pheonix university, then arizona state, a partioal to Art Institute of Seattle, but I am holding out till I get one to UW.

Good luck with the business stuff. :D

Eh I have lots of time.

I've been to the state competition 3 times and I'm only a junior, and now I'm going to the national competition. I should make it there again next year...it just looks good on applications and to colleges so I do it.

*shrugs*

Good luck with your search in colleges

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 6 2003, 12:01 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Apr 5 2003, 11:57 PM

Whatever car it is or whatever it has on it means nodda...the fact remains that there's trade tarriffs so Honda isn't going to be able to build something as cheap as a domestic, thats just the way it is and thats the way its meant to be set up.  We don't wouldn't want to have a big difference in our import and exporting amounts or else our economy would go to shit...so the government does things to favor domestic car makers.  

Dude I understand tariffs, along with the global economy. My point was that tariffs have not stopped honda from importing high performance cars at reasonable prices. How would they be any more of a factor now than before? Thats right, they aren't. And as far as your genius comment about not being able to build stuff cheaply - why don't you go over to japan and work in a Honda factory for 99 cents per hour. HMMM could that be an equalizing factor? cheaper labor? cheaper parts? I mean, how the fuck do you think american companies get the parts for THEIR cars? THEY IMPORT THEM. Hmm, I'm seeing equalizing factors that your ingenius business sense failed to detect.

Uh because they constantly impose tarriffs and regulate the market.

Gee IDK why it would present a problem now that Toyota is about to out sell Ford in the US for the first time in history...maybe because the govt. doesn't want foreign cars to completely control the market?

...I would not deem the CRX a high performance car either. It came over as a shit box on wheels. Underpowered but fun to mod. Had they started off with a good engine in the thing it would have been far more expensive

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2003, 12:04 AM
apparently my reply was sliced by 2 other posts. be sure to look it over.

Apparently you could cool your jets.

Proving an ignorant person wrong isn't on the top of my priority list. I just never clicked refresh because I was busy doing other stuff.

You got your reply.

CRX perform quite well out of the box there champ. So does the integra type R.

They came in a less than spectacular form due to the fact that there was only a small niche market for them. Today, the market for high performance compact cars is skyrocketing by the day.

Also, are you aware that these tariffs your talking about are just to give domestic companies a fair chance in the marketplace? If they weren't there, a honda civic would probably cost 10,000 dollars - and domestics would go out of business.

And I believe I have far more supporting evidence for my claim - so who is ignorant? Sorry I don't go tooting my own horn about field trips and use it to promote my credibility. I'll stick with the facts.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2003, 12:09 AM
CRX perform quite well out of the box there champ. So does the integra type R.

They came in a less than spectacular form due to the fact that there was only a small niche market for them. Today, the market for high performance compact cars is skyrocketing by the day.

Also, are you aware that these tariffs your talking about are just to give domestic companies a fair chance in the marketplace? If they weren't there, a honda civic would probably cost 10,000 dollars - and domestics would go out of business.

And I believe I have far more supporting evidence for my claim - so who is ignorant? Sorry I don't go tooting my own horn about field trips and use it to promote my credibility. I'll stick with the facts.

"the fact remains that there's trade tarriffs so Honda isn't going to be able to build something as cheap as a domestic, thats just the way it is and thats the way its meant to be set up. We don't wouldn't want to have a big difference in our import and exporting amounts or else our economy would go to shit...so the government does things to favor domestic car makers. "

Please, please, please work on reading comprehension.

Thank you for re-stating the obvious that I had already stated.

You've just gotten to the point where this is fucking ridiculous.

You have had nothing that backed your friggin claim, you restate what I state. Good job. Also I don't just toot my horn for the sake of tooting it, I said something because my credibility was questioned.

You're idiotic and know absolutely dick about business, carry on without me.

I hope this makes you feel warm on the inside that because I'm leaving due to your idiocy that you in some how won this 'debate'. Don't, it wasn't even a debate you didn't have anything to bring to the table.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back