Usdm Civic Type-r?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my reading comprehension is fine, I just can't process hypocritical ramblings.

Hondas are produced cheaper than domestics. Tariffs make them equal.

Lets work on putting this together.

Honda produces a performance car. said performance car produced at half the price of say, a new neon. Honda imports it, adds the tariff, and the prices come out competitive. Even if it is a bit higher, people will go for what they know and trust, the honda.

So explain to me again why honda can't produce a performance car that is competitive?

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible. You're restating what I fucking stated a few posts back. Don't try to explain to me how tariffs are imposed on imports to allow for the domestics to be able to compete with their prices, when I've already stated this.

"Hondas are produced cheaper than imports. Tariffs make them equal. "
A honda is an import btw, pull your head out of your ass.

good job editing it.

I edited my other post before not for the content that was previously in it but to add to it.

building a sub-20k sports car is tough.
you HAVE to cut corners somewhere.

dodge does it by using mistu parts :p
eagle did it by using mitsu parts
plymouth did it by using mitsu parts
ford did it by using mazda parts

see what im getting at?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2003, 12:19 AM
building a sub-20k sports car is tough.
you HAVE to cut corners somewhere.

dodge does it by using mistu parts :p
eagle did it by using mitsu parts
plymouth did it by using mitsu parts
ford did it by using mazda parts

see what im getting at?

Yeah, like I said above they would have to strip the shit out of it.

Many, many, many more people would rather dish out the cash for a sports car that goes "vrooom vrooooom" real fast out of the box than to mod the car themselves.

And yes the dodge/mitsu thing is funny.

Also, Honda isn't the type of company that is going to want to build a reputation of them getting parts from other companies. When people say Honda they think quality built to last.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 5 2003, 11:34 PM-->
Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 5 2003, 07:58 PM
saturn_boy96
@Apr 4 2003, 07:35 PM
remember that if you want performance like that you also have an out tof the box price tag around $30,000.  and i don't know about you but i don't have that kind of money, and i'm betting a lot of the people on here don't either thats why were tuning sub $5,000 cars.

new Neon SRT = faster than any civc out of the box, turbo, big brakes - no luxury - all the money went to performance.

20k.

Honda can produce something infinitely better for 25k, I am sure of it.

Neon = domestic = doesn't have huge tariffs imposed = poor quality = shit customer approval rating = everyone selling neons after having them for only a few years

I do agree that honda can make something so much better but its going to cost some...more likely than a subaru. I think for the performance that people pay for honda is more expensive than subaru.....so to have a car of higher performance is going to be more expensive than a subaru, unless they cut corners.

Prime example look at the s2k. Nice car, nice car to cruise in...but just doesn't have it performance wise. Its still 30,000. Now the JDM version is hot but the USDM version is way watered down, yet people still will pay that price for it. Why sell something for less and cheapen the brand name when honda could charge more. Its like mercedes making an inexpensive car, its just going to cheapen their name and set a new benchmark that the company will have to live by.

What is that then? Your saying honda is incapable of bringing a performance car to the states?

And a few posts down, you said hondas are not known for being cheap? wake up sally, hondas are one of the CHEAPEST cars on the market. If they made something to compete with a WRX, they could easily take the money out of luxury and put it under the hood. Hell, if subaru, nissan, mitsubishi do it.... what do you think, honda is based on a different planet? they have more market power than any of these companies. There is abosolutely no reason why we won't be seeing a "capped" performance car soon. They will ship it here restricted to get an emissions rating, and all you will have to do is pull the wrapping off to make it nasty. If they don't ship something super high performance out of the box, they will ship competetive performance with instant potential.

And your wrong - your overlooking the market of import tuners and how fast it is growing. It is exactly like the hot rod era. Kids start wanting fast cars, and in todays emissions friendly world, compact performance is going to be the next hot rod. Cheap + fast = huge, ever growing market

Shithead get your story straight.

Read way way way up where I stated that honda's market base is people who are going to want to buy a quality econo box.

When I said they're not known to be cheap I was speaking of build quality not physical cost...have fun and go off on another tangent thinking that you know something though. Quite amusing, almost as funny as monkey shit fights at the zoo.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 5 2003, 07:58 PM
new Neon SRT = faster than any civc out of the box, turbo, big brakes - no luxury - all the money went to performance.

20k.

A 2000 S2K costs about 20k, and they will rape a Neon.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2003, 12:27 AM
and ill edit typos out of my post whenever I want fool.

"Hondas are produced cheaper than imports. "

Classic quote.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 6 2003, 12:27 AM

Read way way way up where I stated that honda's market base is people who are going to want to buy a quality econo box.

When I said they're not known to be cheap I was speaking of build quality not physical cost...have fun and go off on another tangent thinking that you know something though. Quite amusing, almost as funny as monkey shit fights at the zoo.

well you better start laughing cause if this is a monkey shit fight your the other monkey you fucking idiot.

and read my last post. the market for hondas is CHANGING. it is becoming the hot rod market of the last generation. Emissions friendly, cheap, and as fast as they can possibly go.

As much as I hate it, this is the fast and the furious generation.

And by the way, you know you've won your argument when your opponent gives up and picks on your typos.

kthxbye

Originally posted by Afipunk21+Apr 6 2003, 12:28 AM-->
liquid00meth
@Apr 5 2003, 07:58 PM

20k.

In quality they will...I don't think it will in performance numbers.

The the new neon's numbers are pretty damn close to the WRXs and last I checked the s2ks weren't close to those.

also its two completely different worlds when you speak of a 2000 s2k thats 20Gs...thats used

in comparison to a new car thats 20Gs.

Thats like saying I'll race a stock car and a heavily modded car. Sheerly on performance and price if someone wanted they could go get a fox body 4.6L mustang stang, drop some money into it that would all total up to 20k...and that thing would totally rape the competition. You just can't use it as a comparison.

liquid00meth

20k.

I have seen dealerships charge 40k for s2000s

There is an article about "s2000 dealership price gouging" I forget where it was, take a look.

liquid00meth

20k.

i doubt it.

i'd throw $100 on the neon, not the stock 2000 s2k

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 6 2003, 12:29 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Apr 6 2003, 12:27 AM

When I said they're not known to be cheap I was speaking of build quality not physical cost...have fun and go off on another tangent thinking that you know something though.  Quite amusing, almost as funny as monkey shit fights at the zoo.

well you better start laughing cause if this is a monkey shit fight your the other monkey you fucking idiot.

and read my last post. the market for hondas is CHANGING. it is becoming the hot rod market of the last generation. Emissions friendly, cheap, and as fast as they can possibly go.

As much as I hate it, this is the fast and the furious generation.

And by the way, you know you've won your argument when your opponent gives up and picks on your typos.

kthxbye

As I said whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Anyone lurking on here that has a clue knows that I'm infact correct and you're wrong.

The younger market is changing, the rest of the market is the same and will still see hondas as a quality econo box car company. They can't just abandon their heritage or they'll scare off their long time repeat customers.

You don't sell a car to one person to sell one car, you sell a car to a person so they'll come back and buy more in later years.

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 6 2003, 12:32 AM-->
Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 6 2003, 12:28 AM
liquid00meth

20k.

I have seen dealerships charge 40k for s2000s

There is an article about "s2000 dealership price gouging" I forget where it was, take a look.

He said a 2k s2k, not a 2003/4 s2k.

Head, anus.

Pull it out.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 6 2003, 12:33 AM-->
Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 6 2003, 12:28 AM
liquid00meth

20k.

i doubt it.

i'd throw $100 on the neon, not the stock 2000 s2k

Like I said in my other post...I'm totally with you.

The neon's numbers are *REALLY* impressive, in instances its actually faster than the WRX I believe.

Downside is the quality control that is known to be on neons.

ok chief, then how is there even a market for performance cars.

and apparently you live in a cave. Have you even heard of different cars being produced by the same company? What are you a moron?

I'll be sure to look for my grocery getting grandma driving her RSX -S or her NSX, or maybe her new s2k to the store. good call chief

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 6 2003, 12:35 AM
Head, anus.

Pull it out.

no need for this. shit like that is what closes threads and gets people banned.

and feel free to hump sol's leg whenever you feel is an appropriate time.

And we can let the people reading through this thread decide who is correct.

I also put money on the neon winning, but I also put money on the neon only lasting 30k miles before it breaks.

but then again, WRXs only last 40? before the tranny goes

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2003, 12:37 AM
I'll be sure to look for my grocery getting grandma driving her RSX -S or her NSX, or maybe her new s2k to the store. good call chief

93% of NSX's are owned by men over 50.
go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back