USDM H22 pistons in H23?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

ok, so i've heard this is workable. putting usdm h22 pistons in an h23. keep the rods and get a slightly thicker head gasket to make sure they clear. i'd like to bump my h23's compression and give it a bit more pep than it currently has.

i'm at the point where if i want to get much faster, i'm going to have to go big and that means big money (turbo, all motor setup). i've considered nitrous but i don't really want to go that route. i just figured i can get the pistons, rings, head gasket and bearings for a small amount compared to other things and i can do the work myself with some help. so that's why i'm contemplating this.

now where can i order some usdm h22 pistons? i can only find the jdm ones and i think that would put my compression too high. also, would it be necessary to do serious tuning with a chipped ecu, etc.

so basically, ya'll let me know what ya think cuz a lot of you know a good bit more than me. and any other suggestions are welcome.

well you wont get much outa the new pistons so i wouldnt worry about it.

now if you get JDM pistons, i would worry about it. but the stroke will probably push you up to about 10.6:1 MAXIMUM (from 9.8) . I havent heard of anyone doing this before, but i dont see you having too much of a problem with it.

i figured the compression would be a little higher than that considering the stroke of the h23 is about 5mm longer than the h22. does anyone know a site that i can get some pistons at? any other thoughts?

Quoted post[/post]]

FRM sleeeves cannot be re-honed. and when you install new pistons/rings, a hone job is something you want to do to make sure the rings seat well.
so you can't even take the dingleberry thing to it to smooth out the cylinder walls? would you suggest buying some cam gears along with the camshafts or would it be better to just put the new cams in? cuz i don't really plan on doing a lot of tuning yet.

consult with crower. a lot of aftermarket cams NEED to be degreed to work properly. others don't.

Back