*****usdm ITR in a jdm GSR block**********

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gretsrone

just baught a 00' usdm itr head. planning on puttin it on my jdm sir-g block.

i was wondering if i put jdm itr 11.1.1 pistons on, would it be smart and cheaper to do? ..and also should i get the itr rods as well?

has anybody ever herd of putting a usdm itr head on a jdm gsr block? if so how does it run? ..plannin on boring the throttle out to 65, and port&polishing the head...which cams and cam gears would yall suggest for a GREAT daily driven car not all out drag??

any help
thanks in advanced

yeah, this procedure is known as the 'poorman's ITR engine'. This setup runs just fine by the way.

Dropping in a set of JDM ITR 11.0 pistons is good idea if you're planning to stay NA.

ITR rods are basically GSR/SiR-G rods slightly lightened and balanced. Its up to you if you want to got ITR rods or stick with your SiR-G rods.

Skunk2 cam sprockets are pretty nice, but so are Toda & Spoon sprockets. They all work pretty much the same. As for cams, you have a number of choices, SKunk2, buddyclub, Toda... You might want to go with a set of Stage 2 cams if you want something better than Type-R cams but not full-out drag..

Back