Used bike?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

in relation to road bikes and cost my Cannondale CAAD9 w/ pedals was $1600. Mid level Alum. frame w/ carbon fork. Although as it sits now with new wheels, saddle, carbon seat post. It's closer to $2300.

In regards to apps to track your ride Strava is the go to app for that.

My bike as it sits.

10557298_721203697952007_4641073964428185998_n.jpg

Ride almost daily.

Hows your biking going?

My bike is going great. Still loving it.
I've got about 268 miles on it since I bought it July 23rd.
Multiple 20-30 mile rides.
Did a little shy of 40 miles this weekend.

Sometimes it shifts a little funny, popped the chain off once, and sometimes when i shift into the 2nd gear on the rear set it goes to the first for half a stroke then back to 2nd.
Will probably have to get it tuned up before next season. But its been a good ride for the price.
July
Aug
Sept

Watch some videos or read up on how to adjust the derailers. Most likely your cable stretched so you'll need to back It out slightly to take up the slack. From there it's just about getting your hi and low settings correct on the back end.

Unless you hit something, chances are any changes are from the cable stretching or dirt build up. A good cleaning does wonders for the operation of the derailers. I was adjusting my friends mountain bike and couldn't get it dialed in. I said screw this and threw it up on my bike stand and gave it a good cleaning. Once it was cleaned I was able to easily dial it in.

My riding has suffered recently because of the heat, and how lazy it makes me. The weather happened to be great when I bought it, but the heat has returned. Looking forward to some cooler temps and wearing it out again

Yeah I bought a used military one, not exactly a camelbak though I guess. The opening at the bottom is too small for any camelbak hose to fit through. Only paid $7 for it so no big loss. I'll be buying a 3L camelbak very soon.

i've got the CamelBak Lobo for when i go riding

http://shop.camelbak.com/lobo/d/1052

647-1050-full-sac_dhydratation_camelbak_lobo_orange_2014_315x315-13.jpg

holds 100oz (3L)
has 2 smallish zippered pockets and a small pouch (i like that because it doesnt allow me to overpack and carry a bunch of shit i dont need)
nice and light
very comfortable

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

this is on my list of shit i need to buy, along with a spare tube, small pump, and throw a set of leatherman and maybe some other useful bike tools.

Go early or late in the day to help with the heat.

Recked someone with your mechanical ability you can easily adjust the derlairs without a lot of tools.

E, where do you go riding?

farmington valley rail trail
leave out of unionville near river rd
depending on how long of a ride i want to do i either go to the avon town yard (18 miles) or through simsbury (30ish miles)
2 weeks ago i rode the trail up to the MA border (52 miles)
its a pretty nice trail... not too busy/crowded and a fair amount of shade
for the few sections that i need to ride on the road for i have found all of the passing vehicles to be very courteous

http://www.fvgreenway.org/admin/webImages/main_map.jpg
http://www.fvgreenway.org/map/map.list.asp

i did the south section of this trail too
from cheshire to new haven (28 miles)
the trail is decent but you have to go through some shitty neighborhoods down on the lower hamden/new haven areas that made me not really want to bother with it again

Not sure what size my pack is but I normally add 32oz of water plus a lot of ice. So maybe 50oz? My bag is packed full

Spare tube
Mini air pump
Tool kit
First aid kit
Cliff bar
Extra shirt depending on weather
Extra baby jacket/wind breaker
Old white t shirt wrapping a small thing of baby wipes and 2 diapers. Shirt acts as a changing pad...
Keys
Cellphone

Some light MMA training to go along with your cycling maybe?

I just crossed the 1000 mile mark on the year earlier this month. I have been terrible about my 20 - 30 mile evening rides. Having a baby cuts into stuff like that I suppose.

Just bought a Schwinn 10 speed from a friend last week. All it needs is some air in the back tire and I'm ready to start exercising.

Last edited:
farmington valley rail trail
leave out of unionville near river rd
depending on how long of a ride i want to do i either go to the avon town yard (18 miles) or through simsbury (30ish miles)
2 weeks ago i rode the trail up to the MA border (52 miles)
its a pretty nice trail... not too busy/crowded and a fair amount of shade
for the few sections that i need to ride on the road for i have found all of the passing vehicles to be very courteous

http://www.fvgreenway.org/admin/webImages/main_map.jpg
http://www.fvgreenway.org/map/map.list.asp

i did the south section of this trail too
from cheshire to new haven (28 miles)
the trail is decent but you have to go through some shitty neighborhoods down on the lower hamden/new haven areas that made me not really want to bother with it again

The greenway is nice, I lived in Unionville for 10 years and rode it many times, but not much in the last few years. I never did the ride to the mass border.

Now that I am east of the river I want to try the airline trail.

Back