used car pricing..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver

i found a 91 MR2 nearby w/ 125k miles and supposedly "excellent condition". asking price is 4200, but blue book value states that the..
2.2L N/A version, good condition for $2740 and excellent condition is 3140
2.0L turboed version, good condition for 3470 and excellent condition is 3875
the question is supposing this is the 2.2l version, how much should i even attempt to haggle it down to?
just as a note i've only seen three MR2s in my town and only one of them were the newer model
not a honda i know, but a sweet car nonetheless so dont flame plz :ph34r:

i did, that's where i got the numbers in the first post from..but not many people really follow the blue book guidelines

print it out and show the owner what its worth and tell them you got it directly from the kelly blue book site.

there was a guy who could not get 20K for his supra turbo "newer one fully done up motor as with the whole rice factor"
after F&F came out it went on ebay for.... well Im not going to say you would just shit yourself

it all depends on area and how hyped the ricers are about the car
just look at ebay

how much is a honda civic full body sticker with a front airdam CAI and CAT back worth to you? and then look at what people bid....... yeah my point

all the more power to the MR2 guy hope he rapes some kid outta his money

MR2's not a very popular riceburner though is it? they're sorta rare around here
regardless, im thinking i'd pay 3000-3500 for it at most, probably more if it's the 3S-GTE engine

NADA.com this is whiat most body shops use to determine the value of a vehicle kbb is all over the place price wise.

Back