1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Rods??

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by madvtec_2008, Nov 15, 2007.

1. madvtec_2008

madvtec_2008 VTEC YO!

K, im rebuilding my B16 because im boosting it, and all i got low compression pistons, and an eagle crankshaft. So all i need left is the connecting rods. Whell...i found a set of used eagle connecting rods with 2K miles on em'. there really cheap...is it worth it? or should i just get brand new rods?

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Unless you see cracks or an obvious bend in the rods, used rods are generally a safe bet.

3. madvtec_2008

madvtec_2008 VTEC YO!

:confused::confused:kool....another question...an auto teacher i know told me that i didn't have to hone the cylinder walls because there made out of a certain material or some shit...and the walls are fine...is that bullshit?...he also said that if i run over 15 psi i have to do some shit to my intake manifold gasket...like...use a ring gasket or something...??????:confused::confused:

4. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

5. madvtec_2008

madvtec_2008 VTEC YO!

i dont know man...all my buddys that know him and talk to him think that he says nothin but bullshit...but ill ask him again...and try to ask you guys a better question. thanks for now :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted