USed Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well my friend is selling a used jackson racing supercharger. Well i wanted to know wat are the things i should look for. to see if the supercharger is still in good condition or not. well do you even recomend buying a used sc? well thanx.

If it came off his Mustang and you have a mustang to put it on, then buy it. but if it came off his GSR and you have a GSR, then don't bother. buy a turbo.

I think that you would be alot happier going with turbo other than supercharging your car.

But if that's your thing go for it.

lots of people buy used sc and turbo's. ive heard about caster oil leaking from some root superchargers, but that is very rare. if you want the sc, go for it.

all mecahnical and "turbo is better" issues aside...

getting a used setup that is complete is going to be a near impossible task. there's 100 odd parts that are NOT the actual SC unit...
so, say 1-1.5k for the used piece, and anywhere from 0-500 more in misc parts, hoses, lines, fittings, exahust, fuel modifications...

for 2k, you can have a newer turbo setup.

How mutch does he want for it? installed? why is he selling it? we need more info. If its off of the car look for burnt oil in and around any friction areas, also give it a spin if you cant turn it with your hand it is definetly worthless, it will just put more parisidic drain on your engine.

it came off of a b16a2, and its going onto my b16a2. I went to a local shop called redzone in my area and i was recomended not to buy it. thanx for the feedback. i think i might just finish my in and out and go on from there.

Back