using 91-94 accord wagon calipers on 5G?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

Is it true that these larger calipers bolt up to the 5G civic steering knuckle? :huh: Anyone here tried this or running this setup now?

what type of master cylinder upgrade would you use with larger calipers? do accord or integra MC's bolt up?

My current rotors are warped so I'm looking for a good upgrade without buying one of those expensive big brake kits.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 24 2004, 09:20 PM
If your rotors are warped, how do you figure a caliper swap would solve the issue?
[post=394475]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course not,

Sorry, forgot to mention I was looking for a rotor that would work with those accord calipers

I curious about this to. I was considering using the accord waggon callipers with Prelude rotors redrilled for 4x100 bolt pattern so it will fit are hubs, but heres were im stumped the calipers cant just bolt up maybe but i dont think so do you make a bracket or something or what?

I'm pretty sure you have to shave the caliper mounting surface a bit to get everything to line up- I don't know how much though... and if you're going to do it yourself, you better make sure you take off the exact same amount on each mount so your caliper isn't crooked...

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 30 2004, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to shave the caliper mounting surface a bit to get everything to line up- I don't know how much though... and if you're going to do it yourself, you better make sure you take off the exact same amount on each mount so your caliper isn't crooked...
[post=396717]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah see not worth it for me im still considering a wilwood kit, witch is where im sure i will end up.

Well, that's the direction that I took, and I'm happy with the setup. :)

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 30 2004, 04:09 PM
Well, that's the direction that I took, and I'm happy with the setup. :)
[post=396827]Quoted post[/post]​

so you did this on your foe doe

BTW, you will need a ITR caliper bracket. The Accord wagon/Prelude VTEC/ITR/Legend/NSX calipers all bolt up. The caveat being that you need to machine down the caliper to sit slightly closer to the bracket, by 2-3mm. You can get Prelude VTEC or ITR 11" rotors and redrill them to 4x100. Or if you are using Legend/NSX calipers, get the Legend GS rotor, as it is a bit thicker(more thermal mass is always better) and redrill that. All of these calipers use the same size pad FWIW.

Back