using a PR4 in a crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

can i use an obd0 pr4 integra ls ecu in the place of my crx si pm6 ecu to richin it up a bit and a higher rev limit? will it do any damage? any good points in doing this? thanks guys

you could, but why? If you are running what you say you have in your sig, get real engine management, a pr4 map is not going to supply enough fuel to your turbo setup. Get your pm6 socketed and go download BRE or TurboEdit. You should really be using a more comprehensive tuning setup than you are. I predict a quick death for your engine if you go the pr4 route. Either buy the tuning tools and tune yourself, or get someone to tune for you. If you need any help with what to get tuning wise, post it up, I'm running obd0 with turboedit, and have done a bit of tuning.

thanks mike....but my turbo had a bad seal and was pouring oil into the exhaust...it is back to n/a setup with full exhaust and aem cold air.....i was wondering how would it affect it without my turbo....(should have said it earlier) but anyways.....a stock d16a6 with minormods,,,how would it work with a pr4

Just use the stock ecu, you'll just be adding more fuel that you don't need. Just reset the ecu by pulling the ecu's fuse and backup power, and then plug it back in and enjoy. A pr4 will do you more harm than good unless it has been chipped and tuned.

Back