using ECU help!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Egturbohatch

is it ok to use a p75 obd1 ecu wit Hondata s300 dat was tuned for a stock ls wit few bolt ons and turbo, use dat ecu on a stock Ls/vteC.....i wanna try to put it on and start it but too scared something might happen if im not suppose to do dat or something...please let me kno....is it goin to kill the ls/vtec or nothing?...thanks

it will start right up but wont run like its supposed to..just have the chip redone to your specs.

would vtec still hit since my setup was a ls turbo no vtec but my bro shit is ls/vtec...the ecu is a p75 obd1 ls ecu non vtec so would vtec work?....or could the Hondata make it work?

just the stock ecu wont run vtec..but im pretty sure if its got hondata it should work..if not you will have to setup the vtec shit in the ecu

I would just look for a different ECU. A P28 or a B16 ECU should run it well enough. You would still want to do some tuning though...

gotta be some one out there that have the answer to wat i ask above .....come on help a fellow honda rider out

Hondata lists the P75 ECU as being compatible with the S300 system, so I would assume that it would work. However, if you want a definitive answer then why don't you simply contact Hondata and ask them?

Contacting Hondata

ok i chekked and it says "Alternate VTEC output for non-VTEC ECUs" for the Hondata s300 so does dat mean it is capable of running vtec wit the non vtec ecu.....?.......all i did was went to da site and chekked it out i didnt emailed dem.....just wanna make sure, if not i'll just get a p28 and desolder the s300 from the p75 ecu and sauder it on the p28..( IM NOT GOIN TO DO THIS MYSELF ) how much does it cost for someone to do da work for me??...

im doing a mildly build ls turbo but just in case i want more power in the long run i'll just slap on a vtec head but as of rite now is built the bottom end and work wit dat...( im broke! ) ..lol

ok i chekked and it says "Alternate VTEC output for non-VTEC ECUs" for the Hondata s300 so does dat mean it is capable of running vtec wit the non vtec ecu.....?.......all i did was went to da site and chekked it out i didnt emailed dem.....

Well, that sounds like it will probably work, but if you want to be sure, then ASK THEM!

just wanna make sure, if not i'll just get a p28 and desolder the s300 from the p75 ecu and sauder it on the p28..( IM NOT GOIN TO DO THIS MYSELF ) how much does it cost for someone to do da work for me??...

Could be $5 or could be $5,000. There is no "standard US saudering charge", you would just need to take it to an electronics shop and get a quote...

im doing a mildly build ls turbo but just in case i want more power in the long run i'll just slap on a vtec head but as of rite now is built the bottom end and work wit dat...( im broke! ) ..lol

You're going about this all wrong. The last thing you want to do when it comes to building an engine is to half-ass it off the bat with the thought of improving it later when you have more money. And if 2k is your budget and you want a shop to assemble this shit (like you said in your other thread), then you don't even have enough money to reliably put together a "mildly built LS" to begin with...

Well, that sounds like it will probably work, but if you want to be sure, then ASK THEM!

Could be $5 or could be $5,000. There is no "standard US saudering charge", you would just need to take it to an electronics shop and get a quote...

You're going about this all wrong. The last thing you want to do when it comes to building an engine is to half-ass it off the bat with the thought of improving it later when you have more money. And if 2k is your budget and you want a shop to assemble this shit (like you said in your other thread), then you don't even have enough money to reliably put together a "mildly built LS" to begin with...

so mildly built Ls Turbo... how much u think i need to spend?, so atleast i kno what im goin to deal wit

$2k is not the budget for the total build, its just for the block, plus im basing that on my tax money, the good thing is that im buying parts now little by little, and my girl say she's giving me 800 bukks so dat rite there can cover the pistons and rods....so basically i already had the wiseco pistons (low comp), eagle rods, i got the water pump and timing belt from honda factory, but its for an Ls and i heard Ls water pump is no good so did i just wasted my money on buying Ls water pump and belt?.
nothing serious but i also got magnetic oil plug and transmition, i heard that its good for breaking in motors, like i said i already have the tuning device S300 baby!, innovative motor mount kit(3 mounts looks nice) i got a Ls skunk2 I.M, MSD cap and wires, 440cc dsm injectors(maybe i need something higher?)wit resister box, i got the intercooler piping for my hatchy, TurboXS BOV, intercooler( but might get a bigger 1) oil feed and return line for turbo, and half size aluminum radiator. So far dats wat i have and still collecting.
another Qs, Ls turbo, should i stay wit Ls tranny or should i look for others like gsr or b16 or something, which is better for my setup(TURBO)

AGAIN GUYS THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP SO FAR
sorry for the long write up...lol

A P75 does not have VTEC hardware from the factory. Sometimes this is added during the chipping process, unless you bought it specifically as a non-vtec ECU. Using the alternative output with a relay is a possibility, read the directions in the Hondata S300 Help. If you don't plan on giving him the ECU, why wire up a relay for the alternative VTEC output etc etc... Just get a VTEC ECU for him programmed to his specs.

If you're going to use your ECU save the tune that's in the S300 now and start with a new one that fits your brothers setup.

A P75 does not have VTEC hardware from the factory. Sometimes this is added during the chipping process, unless you bought it specifically as a non-vtec ECU. Using the alternative output with a relay is a possibility, read the directions in the Hondata S300 Help. If you don't plan on giving him the ECU, why wire up a relay for the alternative VTEC output etc etc... Just get a VTEC ECU for him programmed to his specs.

If you're going to use your ECU save the tune that's in the S300 now and start with a new one that fits your brothers setup.

good idea....
i tried it on my bro's car and vtec didnt hit, dat shit was slower. So wat if i just drive my bro's stokk Ls vtec without a tune but only rev to like 3k rpm only and maybe 3500 rpm, would dat be ok or its still goin to blow....cuz im driving it now and i dont want to spend any money on it cuz i need money for my build. the thing is im not racing wit this Ls vtec, i kno its hard not to step on it but im scared it might blow up, plus its leaking oil, i think its the vtec solenoid gasket or the cam seal, or head gasket..im losing coolant, ervery 2 days or so, so wat does dat means

Back