Using JDM harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

My b18c swap with LSD transmission for $3300 just arrived. I noticed that no mounts were included, so I contacted the seller and asked him to send me some. So, I still need to wait for that before I can install the swap.

Here is my question. I was going to use my old CX harness, and just add the wires/plugs that would be missing. But, I am thinking now that that is totally unnecessary. Why not just use the JDM GSR harness and overcome the problem of right-hand side driver by just lengthing the end connectors with more wire? (Get the left side connectors to the right, and the right to the left) That seems like it would be very easy.

If I am wrong and I do need to use the CX harness, could someone tell me exactly what plugs/wires I will need to add? (Not just the names, but also where they are on the engine. I don't know what any of these sensors are called)

Thanks,
Truoss

It would be easier to just modify the civic harness than to modify the jdm harness. Just flipping the harness around wouldn't work since the shortest wires would have to be lengthened and the longer ones would all need shortened.

Yeah, I understand you can't flip the harness around. But, what I mean is to leave the JDM harness on the engine the way it came and just lead wires from the end connectors at the towers to the correct side of the car. Wouldn't that work?

It will work, but man that is SOOOOOOOO much more trouble than just using your CX harness.

:withstupid:

i had the same ideas about using the JDM harness .... its more bullshit than its worth

Back