1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Stock B16sir Mounts Etc

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hatchboy, Apr 5, 2003.

1. hatchboy

hatchboy Sleeves+boost=Love

Hey i have a 90 civic hatchback and im about to be getting my 1st gen b16. I was wondering if you could use the stock b16 mounts in my car, i know that if it did work it would make the motor sit higher, but could it be done? could you use the stock shift linkage or will i no matter what have to buy adjustable shift linkage or cut and weld my own and then buy motor mounts. Thanks in advance guys, ive just never reallly thought about this but it just came to mind.

-dan

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

This has come up a few times,and the answer seems to always come out that you have to buy the mount kit if you have a US spec civic/crx.I called HAsport to make sure and they confirmed it,but when I get back to Germany I am going to check it out with some of the 4th gens on post,because it doesn't make a lot of since that they made the mount points different between the US ones and the rest of the world.

3. hatchboy

hatchboy Sleeves+boost=Love

So the mounting points on the usdm si and the jdm sir are different? I dont see why they would mount the motor differently in the same generation civic.

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

its because in japan the CRX came with a b16 from the factory and in the us it came with d16/15. they make the mounts suit the engine, then put it in the car

5. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

The SiR in Japan was basically our 90-93 teg frame from the firewall foreward with different body panels. It had a completely different fram than the ZC powered Civic/CRX Si's even overseas. That is why the ZC will bolt into our Civics, but the B16a will only bolt into our Teg's.

The mount kit is required because the placement and the spacing on the SiR mounts is alot different than that of our SOHC cars.

Also, I recommend HaSport's Billet mounts with a RACE rear poly mount option for your mount kit.

Hope this Helps.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Now that makes sense.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted