Using Stock B16sir Mounts Etc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchboy

Sleeves+boost=Love
Hey i have a 90 civic hatchback and im about to be getting my 1st gen b16. I was wondering if you could use the stock b16 mounts in my car, i know that if it did work it would make the motor sit higher, but could it be done? could you use the stock shift linkage or will i no matter what have to buy adjustable shift linkage or cut and weld my own and then buy motor mounts. Thanks in advance guys, ive just never reallly thought about this but it just came to mind.

-dan

This has come up a few times,and the answer seems to always come out that you have to buy the mount kit if you have a US spec civic/crx.I called HAsport to make sure and they confirmed it,but when I get back to Germany I am going to check it out with some of the 4th gens on post,because it doesn't make a lot of since that they made the mount points different between the US ones and the rest of the world.

So the mounting points on the usdm si and the jdm sir are different? I dont see why they would mount the motor differently in the same generation civic.

Originally posted by hatchboy@Apr 5 2003, 11:50 PM
So the mounting points on the usdm si and the jdm sir are different? I dont see why they would mount the motor differently in the same generation civic.

its because in japan the CRX came with a b16 from the factory and in the us it came with d16/15. they make the mounts suit the engine, then put it in the car

The SiR in Japan was basically our 90-93 teg frame from the firewall foreward with different body panels. It had a completely different fram than the ZC powered Civic/CRX Si's even overseas. That is why the ZC will bolt into our Civics, but the B16a will only bolt into our Teg's.

The mount kit is required because the placement and the spacing on the SiR mounts is alot different than that of our SOHC cars.

Also, I recommend HaSport's Billet mounts with a RACE rear poly mount option for your mount kit.

Hope this Helps.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Apr 6 2003, 06:48 AM-->
its because in japan the CRX came with a b16 from the factory and in the us it came with d16/15. they make the mounts suit the engine, then put it in the car
How do you figure that?That defies the very reason that a swap into a 5th gen is so easy.In the states they didn't have a B16 in the civics yet it drops right in using the factory mounts.

SiR Kid Posted on Apr 6 2003
@ 07:06 AM
because the placement and the spacing on the SiR mounts is alot different than that of our SOHC cars.

Now that makes sense.

Back