using tach, what to do with factory tach??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

whats a good thing to do with the stock tach on my 89si if i use a aftermarket tach?? do i leave both hooked up or is there something diffrent i can put in the spot??

i always just left mine hooked up when i used aftermarket tachs in the past. i always liked watching it go way past redline and bury the needle past 8k on my LS tach in my old DA with b16 swap.

You could sell me your SI dash and I'll send you my stock w/o tach dash in return!!!! LOL

Is your engine actually built to the point of requiring an after-market tach? Or do you have a swap with a higher red-line?

EDIT: From looking at your other posts it doesn't seem like you have. Is there some reason why your factory tach isn't going to work fine?

yes its a b16 swap, it has a higher redline than the stock tach.. but the main reason for a tach is i found a few that have 3 guages in it, more less for the "cool" factor..lol

yes its a b16 swap, it has a higher redline than the stock tach.. but the main reason for a tach is i found a few that have 3 guages in it, more less for the "cool" factor..lol

Oh, okay. Maybe I was looking at the wrong posts then, but I assumed this was for a stockish D15, so yeah, I guess the tach makes sense here.

Your other alternative would be scouring E-Bay for a cluster from a B16-equipped car. They are out there. Might be pricey though...

that always works...unless the rev limiter doesn't kick in and he sees a lot of smoke

Back