USPS Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if i remember correctly it shows the weight and zip code you shipped to... but i'm not certain... but without those it'd be useless

Well I figured you could derive the approximate weight based on the price if it wasn't listed. But even so you could have shipped a box of bricks for all paypal and the seller knows. And that's the position that paypal will likely take

Hey you stop that talk. They lost 6billion + this year. I sell against the USPS. My wallet is much thicker due to their lackluster technology. Although they've made HUGE strides in terms of manifesting shipments and integrating software this past year - their physical network and tracking system still require large improvements.
Lol this doesn't help me lol

And the buyers lack of cooperation suggests to me that he may have recieved the wheels but noticed that you did not get delivery confirmation and is trying to scam you. It happens a lot. If you lose out in the end, use this as a learning experience and ALWAYS get delivery confirmation in the future.
I've learned my lesson already :( I will not be using USPS anymore (I never really did) but if I have to, I will definitely get the delivery confirmation.

if i remember correctly it shows the weight and zip code you shipped to... but i'm not certain... but without those it'd be useless
Yeah, it shows weight, city, state, and zip code.

Well I figured you could derive the approximate weight based on the price if it wasn't listed. But even so you could have shipped a box of bricks for all paypal and the seller knows. And that's the position that paypal will likely take
Well that would mean he still received something lol. He's claiming to not have received anything. It's all just a waiting game now. I haven't heard from PayPal yet so we'll see what ends up happening.

i had a problem with this last year. i bought a new cluster off of ebay for my ef and paid with buy it now and everything and never got it. it turns out he sent it to the wrong adress because i got an email from another guy who never got his package either but did recieve mine. the seller would never respond to any of my messages or emails so i filed a dispute with paypal and they decided in my favor but never i got any money back...i was really pissed off about the whole thing and now never use paypal/ebay anymore because imo neither did anything protect my purchase in anyway. so if this guy got away with that then i think you would be fine

that's better than nothing I suppose but I would still expect the worst.
Oh I am lol

i had a problem with this last year. i bought a new cluster off of ebay for my ef and paid with buy it now and everything and never got it. it turns out he sent it to the wrong adress because i got an email from another guy who never got his package either but did recieve mine. the seller would never respond to any of my messages or emails so i filed a dispute with paypal and they decided in my favor but never i got any money back...i was really pissed off about the whole thing and now never use paypal/ebay anymore because imo neither did anything protect my purchase in anyway. so if this guy got away with that then i think you would be fine
Sorry to hear that. One question though. Why didn't you just have the guy who received your cluster send it to you?

he offered to for $70 and since the previous person had already got my $90 for the cluster and shipping I couldn't afford it at the moment.

Just contact Paypal and explain to them you have a receipt and the problem with USPS. Also, did you pull the money out of your Paypal account? If so, call up your bank and explain the situation so Paypal can't pull any money.

If you're shipping anything expensive, NEVER go with USPS. Even if you did get tracking, it sucks. From my experience, the tracking is actually at least a day behind and VERY inaccurate(just states whether it has been shipped or not). They suck at delivering heavier items too. Only time I use USPS is shipping heavy items via those Priority Flat Rate boxes.

he offered to for $70 and since the previous person had already got my $90 for the cluster and shipping I couldn't afford it at the moment.

Wow. So basically, you got screwed because the seller sent your package to the wrong guy and then cut off communication with you. And then the guy who received your package contacted you and tried to tell you that you had to buy it from him if you wanted it? So you pretty much got shafted twice?

I can see how that would make someone bitter...

Wow. So basically, you got screwed because the seller sent your package to the wrong guy and then cut off communication with you. And then the guy who received your package contacted you and tried to tell you that you had to buy it from him if you wanted it? So you pretty much got shafted twice?

I can see how that would make someone bitter...

very bitter. The guy that got my package had bought a blackberry and never received it so he thought I got his package but I didn't.

i always get tracking number, and usually delivery confirmation with signature
and insurance is usually dirt cheap through the usps
i generally use them for shipping items

Well, looks like i'm on the verge of losing :(

PayPal said they are willing to take any documentation I can FAX over but ultimately it depends on if they can prove that the packages weren't delivered but the 'main' way they do this is through delivery confirmation or a tracking #.

This sucks, I got my receipt showing that I sent them and he doesn't even have to prove that he didn't receive them. You live and learn but i'm fucking pissed. Why the hell do they even give receipts if they mean next to nothing/won't even help the situation? :mad::mad::mad:

If I end up refunding him back, I hope PayPal takes my documentation into consideration and only makes me refund half or so. We'll see...

You should have went to the police. Guy obviously admitted he has YOUR package.

he was in cali I'm in wa. Nothin I could really do.

to the op- if there's no money in the account they can't make you refund. You will have to start a new paypal but atleast you won't be out ur cash

unless its linked to his bank account, then they'll just take the cash from there... its happened to me before

Yeah it's linked to my bank account. I'm going to have Chase not allow transactions from PayPal until I ok it. I can't afford for them to just take money from me right now. Their gonna have to wait till the beginning of next month for me to afford it. But in the end, i hope we can work out like a 50% deal or something.

Back