1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v band clamp quesions??

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Hondatuner88, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Hondatuner88

Hondatuner88 Senior Member

OK..can someone break this down to me?? I hear turbo guys useing them all the time and I dont understand how they work...why there worth 50 bucks and what makes them awesome?? SOMEONE please help me!!! Thanks!

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

made this up in paint real fast. hope it explains it good enough

[​IMG]

and i guess what makes them awesome is that it gives you alittle bit more room, and its way easier to put on and off. probably holds a better seal too since it has pressure applied to the entire edge, and not just at a few points.

3. Hondatuner88

Yeah..that does make sense to me...thanks! Does anyone make them a little cheaper? Becuase I need like 6 clamps...so yeah lol

4. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

usually its only used by the exhaust side of the turbo.

For Ic piping, use some decent regular clamps. You can probably reduce the amount of clamps by welding more of the pipes together.

How or why you only need 6 clamps is beyond me, I used about 12-14 clamps on my setup.

5. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

V-Bands are usually used on the exhaust, or on extremely high-pressure charge pipes. They don't allow all that much flex, and are more expensive than C-clamps. As for charge pipe clamps, I highly suggest using contant torque clamps.

6. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

just use silicone couplers for the IC pipes. and use the v-bands on the exhaust.

7. Hondatuner88

Im going to use them for the exhaust...its a custom 3 inch TBE I want to be able to take the cat off when im at the track tho...Hows them thin wrap around clamps with 2 bolts that dont crush the pipes work?? any good?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted