v-tec activation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavrx

ok i got a 89 crx si with a sohc zc with a y8 head. now is it possible to activate the vtec with a tach shift light ?

dude, yes it is- although using an RPM dependent switch from summit would be easier and most likely more accurate and reliable

wire the vtec solenoid to a relay, and then wire the shift light to the relay so that the relay only closes and sends power to the solenoid when the shift light comes on-

or you could do things the right way and get a vtec controller, otherwise, you're going to switch cam profiles and not have any additional fuel to support the more aggressive lobe and as forth not gain as much as you should

and what good would a P28 ecu do him in an OBD 0 car? i don't think he mentioned anything about converting the car to OBD I, therefore he still hsa only two ecu plugs and absolutely no way to hook up a P28-

i got i think a pm7 ecu out of an integra. it ran rich with this ecu so i think the fuel compensation will be ok. I just dont like vafc's or such components so im trying to avoid using them where ever possible.

you don't like VAFC? dare i ask why?

but sure, run it off any relay you want- you can hook the relay to basically anything you want, but an RPM activativated swtich would probably be best, but go ahead and run it off your shift light, i've seen it done and it did work :shrug2:

agreeing with those who said yes, i actually had mine hooked up to a push button for a while when i couldn't get it to work properly, (damn oil get on LMA), probably doesn't like the the cost of the vafc, just a guess

cost is not an issue here. its about preference. a vafc is just one more flashy guage you have to mount in your car. and its one more thing to go wrong if it fails.

i will use the vafc if it comes down to it just dont prefer it. i was thinking of maybe the power enterprise vtec controller which is a tach also. all in one unit. anyone ever use this?

i actually had mine hooked up to a push button for a while when i couldn't get it to work properly

bahahhahahahahhahahha
that is the best thing i have ever heard...

and i was considering the shift light option as well, but how do you get enough fuel without it running too rich in non-vtec?
would a fpr correct this perhaps?

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back