1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v-tec activation

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by cavrx, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

ok i got a 89 crx si with a sohc zc with a y8 head. now is it possible to activate the vtec with a tach shift light ?

2. jdmvteccrx

jdmvteccrx Member

no <_<

did you get the p28 ecu?

3. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

dude, yes it is- although using an RPM dependent switch from summit would be easier and most likely more accurate and reliable

4. Slammed90Lude

wire the vtec solenoid to a relay, and then wire the shift light to the relay so that the relay only closes and sends power to the solenoid when the shift light comes on-

or you could do things the right way and get a vtec controller, otherwise, you're going to switch cam profiles and not have any additional fuel to support the more aggressive lobe and as forth not gain as much as you should

and what good would a P28 ecu do him in an OBD 0 car? i don't think he mentioned anything about converting the car to OBD I, therefore he still hsa only two ecu plugs and absolutely no way to hook up a P28-

5. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

i got i think a pm7 ecu out of an integra. it ran rich with this ecu so i think the fuel compensation will be ok. I just dont like vafc's or such components so im trying to avoid using them where ever possible.

6. Slammed90Lude

you don't like VAFC? dare i ask why?

but sure, run it off any relay you want- you can hook the relay to basically anything you want, but an RPM activativated swtich would probably be best, but go ahead and run it off your shift light, i've seen it done and it did work :shrug:

7. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

agreeing with those who said yes, i actually had mine hooked up to a push button for a while when i couldn't get it to work properly, (damn oil get on LMA), probably doesn't like the the cost of the vafc, just a guess

8. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

cost is not an issue here. its about preference. a vafc is just one more flashy guage you have to mount in your car. and its one more thing to go wrong if it fails.

9. cavrx

cavrx Senior Member

i will use the vafc if it comes down to it just dont prefer it. i was thinking of maybe the power enterprise vtec controller which is a tach also. all in one unit. anyone ever use this?

10. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

bahahhahahahahhahahha
    that is the best thing i have ever heard...

and i was considering the shift light option as well, but how do you get enough fuel without it running too rich in non-vtec?
    would a fpr correct this perhaps?

11. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

This topic has been closed :locked2:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.