V-TEC Scream on z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've been told on numerous occasions that my crossover is as loud as a B16. i'm not saying it as fast as one, by all means, but about as loud as one. :)

Originally posted by Callidus@Oct 11 2004, 10:52 AM
i've been told on numerous occasions that my crossover is as loud as a B16. i'm not saying it as fast as one, by all means, but about as loud as one. :)
[post=401134]Quoted post[/post]​

Whoever told you that is wrong. I have owned a built Z6, a built B18c, and now I own a stock B16. My STOCK B16 is twice as loud as both of my other motors. There is just something about when a B16 hits VTEC.... it's just really loud.

yeah i love it

throw a i/h/e on a b16 and it makes it even louder :p
seems like my motor gets twice as loud when vtec hits, its noticeable to say the least ;)

Well, the B blocks DO switch lobes on BOTH cams, not just the intake like the SOHC D series. That makes a huge difference, especially if you're running aftermarket exhaust. The steady drone of a D series exhaust will overpower any sound you get from the intake side of the engine when VTEC kicks in- with the B, you hear it from both ends.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 11 2004, 04:10 PM
Whoever told you that is wrong. I have owned a built Z6, a built B18c, and now I own a stock B16. My STOCK B16 is twice as loud as both of my other motors. There is just something about when a B16 hits VTEC.... it's just really loud.
[post=401146]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry but I'm raising the flag on that one :bs:

a friend of mine let me ride in his STOCK Type R with just a SRI and the changeover is was fuckin violent(at least it was then, was only the second time I'd heard VTEC). I bought his b16 that was in my 4 door thinking it was going to be kinda the same...It was not even close.

Originally posted by spectacle+Oct 11 2004, 03:15 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Oct 11 2004, 04:10 PM

a friend of mine let me ride in his STOCK Type R with just a SRI and the changeover is was fuckin violent(at least it was then, was only the second time I'd heard VTEC). I bought his b16 that was in my 4 door thinking it was going to be kinda the same...It was not even close.
[post=401231]Quoted post[/post]​

Let's see ..... You're raising a BS flag on ME....

First of all smart ass, you are comparing apples to oranges. I stated that my B16 is louder than my D16Z6 or my B18c1. Not my B18c5.

Second of all, about 5 people jumped on the bandwagon and stated how much louder their B16 was than the other honda motors they have owned and heard, yet you still call me a liar.

Thirdly, my SI has a cold air intake and THAT'S IT. And it is WAY louder than any single cam. (engine noise, not exhaust noise) My GSR motor had ITR cams and ITR pistons in it and the changeover was violent, but not any louder than my SI is now. STOCK.

:slap:

[/quote]

[/quote]

My old boss had a 93 civic hatch with an ITR with a full toda spec C built head
with that running open header(car just swapped, exhuast not fixed yet) the vtec you could say was violent. it screamed, until he sold the engine, and put a single cam in it and sold it. the kid who bought it blew it up... it was a shame...

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Oct 8 2004, 10:28 PM-->
Originally posted by Callidus@Oct 8 2004, 10:12 PM
beerbongskickass
@Oct 4 2004, 01:47 PM
Swap in a B16 if you want to hear vtec scream.
[post=398066]Quoted post[/post]​

My z6 is at LEAST as loud as a b16's.
[post=400324]Quoted post[/post]​

doubt it .... i have a b16 with i/h/e and a fpr and ive raced a hatch with a typer swap and my vtecc is WAY louder .. and my exhaust isnt raspy or all that loud but when vtec hits its like ................hrmmmm cant explain but it sounds awesome ill try to get jaime to do a sound clip once i finish the suspension
[post=400328]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: i deffiantely agree that the B16 deffinately has the loudest VTEC crossover point than any other VTEC motor. although i have a buddy with an h22 that loud as all hell but hes got an AEM cold air intake DC sports headers with a hollowed out cat and no resonator with a Chipped p28 ECU so that might make a big difference

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 12 2004, 03:23 AM
yes there is a big difference in engine noise and exhaust noise (thanks sohcslammer) simple fact if if im in nuetral and rev my engine you can hear it when vtec kicks in .... either way post up a sound clip ill put ya to the challenge if your z6 engine(not exhaust) hits vtec harder than my car ill personally paypal you $10
[post=401513]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

As will I

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Oct 4 2004, 03:11 PM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Oct 4 2004, 12:04 PM
it you want funny noises coming from your car have a friend sit in the passenger seat and make blow off valve noises between shifts
[post=398078]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao: :bo: :lol:
[post=398084]Quoted post[/post]​

me and bill did that on more than one occasion
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink: :eek: :ph34r: :ph34r:

if you really wanna here vtec build ur motor ... for higher revs.. longer vtec engagment.. all vtec is is when the engine burries it self working that much hard to climb to the next rpm or itb those also sound cool lol but who cares about sound i care about speed

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Oct 11 2004, 08:25 PM-->
Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 11 2004, 03:15 PM
sohcslammer

First of all smart ass, you are comparing apples to oranges. I stated that my B16 is louder than my D16Z6 or my B18c1. Not my B18c5.

Second of all, about 5 people jumped on the bandwagon and stated how much louder their B16 was than the other honda motors they have owned and heard, yet you still call me a liar.

Thirdly, my SI has a cold air intake and THAT'S IT. And it is WAY louder than any single cam. (engine noise, not exhaust noise) My GSR motor had ITR cams and ITR pistons in it and the changeover was violent, but not any louder than my SI is now. STOCK.

[post=401237]Quoted post[/post]​

read your first post, you said "built B18c". IIRC, a B18c is a JDM type R. A USDM GSR is B18c1. that is why I pulled the flag on you. get your engine codes straight homie

Originally posted by spectacle+Oct 12 2004, 11:53 AM-->
Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 11 2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 11 2004, 03:15 PM
sohcslammer

[post=401237]Quoted post[/post]​

read your first post, you said "built B18c". IIRC, a B18c is a JDM type R. A USDM GSR is B18c1. that is why I pulled the flag on you. get your engine codes straight homie
[post=401634]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh OK. Then what is a JDM GSR motor code? Oh yeah. IT'S THE SAME THING. Don't talk to me about engine codes son....

You are actually right, I forgot to put the 1 after the c but I might have had a J spec motor, you have no idea. And I am talking about just the VTEC engagement. My B16 is a louder changeover than my built GSR motor was. period.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 12 2004, 05:12 PM
You are actually right, I forgot to put the 1 after the c but I might have had a J spec motor, you have no idea. And I am talking about just the VTEC engagement. My B16 is a louder changeover than my built GSR motor was. period.
[post=401642]Quoted post[/post]​

now that I'll believe B)

Originally posted by spectacle+Oct 12 2004, 12:20 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Oct 12 2004, 05:12 PM
[post=401642]Quoted post[/post]​

now that I'll believe B)
[post=401645]Quoted post[/post]​

Well good. :)

I don't like arguing on the intarnet. It makes me feel even dumber. :huh:

i love to argue or at least express my point of view on subjects. I just hate it when it turns into a pissing match of insults. some boards are notorious for it.

You guys want to hear vtec scream? Here is a video B16 with custim ITB's and no exhaust (3rd car up, red CRX). Keep in mind this motor was seized and rusted when put together (that's why it only made 152whp), but it did make 285whp with a twin turbo setup later on with an LS block underneath it.

Just listen to the vtec kick in when the camera is behind the car. I rode in this thing and it's fucking LOUD! ...and then vtec kicks in and you can't even think. The ITB's sound pretty badass too. Oh and that's my coupe the first time on the dyno by the way.

http://host90.ipowerweb.com/~draglabc/dave...TrailerPark.wmv

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 12 2004, 12:02 PM
Whatever dude. My dick is MUCH bigger than yours. :p :D :lol:
[post=401710]Quoted post[/post]​

Shadney what did I tell you about lying to kick it.

Sick video that last CRX has to be blistering fast.

Back