.V.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

just went and saw it with 2 friends. we all agree its the baddest fucking movie weve ever seen.

i havent cried since i was in elementary school and i seriously had to hold it down during the climax of the movie. and no its not cause of some gay lovie dove bullshit.

in the european revolutionary periods they always had different classical composers who made "the music of the revolution"
to me this movie is the closest thing to "revolutionary music" that america has ever had.

the current situation in america is almost an exact parallel to the movie.

i really cant say enough about this movie. this movie has the potential to be more then just a movie. i highly doubt it will spark any sort of revolutionary ideas, but i believe it could. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see this movie and take a look at our government and put 2 and 2 together.

its like a cinematic version of the loose change video almost.

oh well, im rambling. all i have to say is i highly reccomend it to everyone. even if your not necessarily up to date with current politics, if your the slightest bit of an intellectual or politically minded then i think youll like it.

anyway, 2 thumbs WAY up from me

I havent seen it, but I already know its weak. This gives little-to-nothing away by the way - Portman's character is already a radical by the time V gets to her, in the novel shes a regular, poor person. What has a larger impact: child of radical parents turns radical OR regular person with little political discourse becomes a radical?

Plus im not in love with the matrix guys, or any other redition of Alan Moore's work (especially when he will have nothing to do with it because he knows the bureaucracy and trash hollywood puts out).

Hopefully it still meets my standards, lol. Yay optimism.

Went to see it last night at IMAX - and if you're wondering if the $11 ticket was worth it. Fuck yes.
Greatest movie I've seen (personally) since the original Matrix.

The dialouge is so deep and meaningful, and every detail counts. The soundtrack is ridiculous and the scenes with the 1812 overture gave me goosebumps. Word.

As much as it can be paralelled to today's world, the original comic was written 25 years ago, inspired by Margret Thatcher's parliment and Reganomics. The movie can take on any perspective you want, and that is it's greatest trait. It's highly critical of world governments (not just the modern day obvious choice of America-bashing) and makes commentary on our plight (terrorism, etc), but doesn't it with enough skill and tact that it is inspiring without being obscene. However, take into account the metaphor in the movie with the 9/11 conspiracy, and it all becommings chillingly real.

12.5/10 on my scale. I think I'm going to go see it again in a regular theater tonight.

Quoted post[/post]]
I havent seen it, but I already know its weak. This gives little-to-nothing away by the way - Portman's character is already a radical by the time V gets to her, in the novel shes a regular, poor person. What has a larger impact: child of radical parents turns radical OR regular person with little political discourse becomes a radical?

Plus im not in love with the matrix guys, or any other redition of Alan Moore's work (especially when he will have nothing to do with it because he knows the bureaucracy and trash hollywood puts out).

Hopefully it still meets my standards, lol. Yay optimism.

i will tell you this...youre wrong...she is not a radical when V finds her...THE END...

other than that...THIS FUCKING MOVIE ROCKED HARD. GO SEE IT. First movie in a long time that i thought, "That was worth the money i paid."

*Goes and looks up V's first alliteration*....that was frEAKin SWEET.

I would have to agree with micah. This is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. The idea behind the movie is just amazing. How one idea one simple idea can change the world. Thanks for posting up the torrent B. Really I think everyone should see this movie and think about the message it is instilling. It dosnt apply just to changing the world but applies to life in general. We can change ourselves, our jobs any thing. You just need to take the first step. I am seriously considering seeing it at the Imax next I just saw it in the theaters. Thumbs up for V and a HUGE thumbs up to B for the torrent.

just watched it again tonight with 3 other friends.

they all agree with me

i already got both 100% complete and seeded until 3:1 before i shut them off.

what choo mean both?
both = cd1 and cd2 right?

i'm at 13.7% with a 1.438 sharing rating...

i assume all the torrents out there with cam in the title are the same ones right?

did you look at them yet B?

Just finished seeing it. It was damn good. And she wasn't radical when he finds her. Very well filmed and thought out.

My bad, i realized I put it that way for no reason. But I was aware that her parents were "radical" or "liberal" or what-have-you. She has been some what influenced, as we all have by our parents/community/etc.

I saw a review on another site which I feel sums up the problems some of us saw in the screenplay**SPOILERS**DONT HIGHLIGHT:

<span style="color:#99FFFF">I didn't like:
-how they created a romance between V and Evey culminating in Evey kissing the mask. That scene looked ridiculous and there was no need to link them romantically. He tortured her for goodness sake.
-they didn't have Evey put on the V costume at the end. I liked the transfer of persona in the book and they should have carried that over.
-the movie toned down the racism and hate of the government
-I liked how the book referred to the different branches by part of the body. They didn't use that in the movie

I liked:
-The addition of the government causing the plague. Since they took out a lot of the references to concentration camps and ethnic cleansing, they needed something else to make the government horrific enough that V's terrorism pales in comparison. Plus, it gives the movie another "big reveal" in the later part of the movie since V's origin is told mid-story.</span>

saw it again and noticed stuff i didnt see the first time....pretty crazy stuff. i almost cant wait for the DVD for the making of.

Back