V6 EF hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Could you possibly flip the alternator so it sits farther out. I'm not sure if the alternator will work like that, but its worth a look, might clear up just a little more room.

I'm not sure about alternator rotation either.Intake will work better if it is tall anyway.I can use any alternator with Megasquirt so I need to do some research.

I just learned that my supercharger is too small. Eaton m62 older version. It only moves 62 inches of air per revolution.I'm going to get a newer m90 or m112 in the morning.Too bad I already cut the deck for m62. Have to come up with 5 groove pulley setup. Crank pulley needs to be 5 groove or I can make some kind of pulley that has the original 4 and 3 groove to match the crank and 5 groove bolted on that to drive the blower. Maybe, someone has seen a 5 groove crank pulley that might fit. I have to figure out the pulleys before I weld the intake together. The m62 is already for sale on Ebay.

Unorthodox Racing or somewhere else might be able to make you a pulley. Or start hunting junkyards :)

Awesome project BTW :thumbsup:

updating old thread, I never let this swap get stale after losing my computer. The project has changed though because that 2.7 was just too old. I got a 2000 3.5 vtec and did some cutting to the block so the old 89 5 speed and the axle carrier would fit. The radiator problems are resolved(undercar), the shifter and hydraulic clutch are working. So are the brakes. I built a 6 to 1 header, but need to tweek it to fit the 3.5. It looks like the charger will delayed until after I get this on the road, which should be very soon(this summer). pictures in a couple of days

Back