V6 into a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Redirwol1

I was wondering, if it has been, if it can be done, and if there is a kit you can buy to swap a 6 cylinder from an accord, nsx, legend, or vigor into a civic hatchback?? What do i need to do for this? Fabrication? Kit? What? Let me know. Thanks.

Besides the civic or crx with the nsx v6 in it i've never seen someone put any of the other Honda v6 engine into a civic. But if you can put a F or H series out of an Accord/Prelude chassis into a civic using the aftermarket mounts wouldnt the early Accord v6 use the same idea ? Or is the v6 Accord's engine bay different and had all different mounting locations. I'm talking about the 5th gen Accord v6's not the new J-series powered ones.. I have no idea what im talking about anymore.. :p

Eskie

whats the point? drop in an LS/VTEC, slap a blowdryer on it and thank God you don't have the extra weight from a V6 negating the newfound power.

1. It's been done
2. There's no kit
3. Lots of custom fab... have fun!

Well. I am asking how is it done? What is needed? I am not asking if you like the idea or not, or what you think I should do...I know what can be done as far as swapping 1.6 and 1.8 and so on and so on....I want to know what all it takes to swap a v6 honda/acura engine into a civic. I feel that if you can get that kind of power from a 4 cylinder thats blown in some manner, it should have a greater affect with the v6, of course everthing would probably have to be fabricated as far as pipeing...But back to original question... As far as swapping it in, what kind of fabrication am I looking out? I mean does anyone know if any of the mounts line up at all? Who knows what I might need to do to accomplish this?

a plasma cutter
a welder
a million feet of rod
a hundred pounds of argon
patience
desire to destroy a car for the purpose of "being different"

Well I am actually curious about what Eskie said about the accord. 94 and up body style accords did come with a v6/5 speed setup. If you can swap an H22 in an accord and a civic, and I figure it is easily just as possible, though not common, to swap the f22 from the accord into a civic, the mount pattern between the accord 4 cylinder and the accord v6 must not be that far off, if any at all. Seeing as that is the case, there most be some combination of motor mounts that could make the accord v6 drop into a civic engine compartment. Following me? ....and if an NSX swap goes in, let me know...I can grab an NSX swao if i need to.

accord v6's never came with a 5-speed until like 2002.

more so, the accord v6 will not take an h22/23 swap either

pissedofsol is correct no 5sp accord v6s till 2002/ no 6speed till 2004 , and fitting the nsx which is a rear engine into a fwd front engine would be a large waste of money unless you have money to throw away , and alot of time on your hands you might as well try to swap a skyline motor in there.. more worth your time

If you have the money and the time to install a V6 into a Civic, do it, and send pics.

Other than that you need to remember:

1. The Performance Aftermarket for B and H series motors has more options than the V6.
2. The Civic was engineered for the I4 setup, a V6 is much heavier and now you're starting to make the car nose heavy.
3. If it's about giving your Civic more torque, try LS/VTEC or CRVTEC motors, or turbocharge something.

How about instead of wasting money on a fucking honda, got buy a 240z, get a nice suspension setup and do a v8 swap. 300rwhp. Better than any civic. Looks better, faster, and RWD.

edit - Oh yeah, check hybridz.org, most guys with crated 350sbc's are running 10's.

Actually there is a v6 accord that is 5 speed in the 94 and up bodies...I have seen 2, one of them happend to be my cousins car....so...i dont know

oop...my bad...i think you meant they werent 5 speed until a certain year but did come with v6 but automatic....my mistake.

Originally posted by Redirwol1@Nov 23 2004, 04:06 PM
1997 accord v6.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6254

another 1997 v6 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3&category=6254

1995 accord v6 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=6254

I knew they made them in that body style...
[post=421194]Quoted post[/post]​

The mounts are all different in those cars. In fact the whole chassis is different. It's like 3 inches longer. Look it up if you don't believe me.

do you know how to weld?
use a cuttinh tourch
built a transmision adapter plater
wire a car from the ground up
custom build a suspension setup

you can't do this swap

when i looked uner the hood of a coworkers, it had 6 plug wires, so I'd say it was a v6. :)

Back