V6 into a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nah I remember seeing 6 plugs, and it said V6 on the rear.

:shrug2:

must have been an older legend. the vigor never came in a v6 dude.

Oh, hah I knew there had to be some major engine bay/ chassis differences between the I4 and V6 5th gen Accords. But I agree with everyone else, throwing a V6 into a civic would be a huge waste of everything. Try a b series engine with forced induction and you'll have the torque you where looking for.

heh...what an idiot...i guess he wants to have a bone stock v6 civic with no aftermarket...or i guess he wants to know how to custom fabricate that as well

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Nov 23 2004, 02:53 AM
V6's are ghey, they belong in SUVs and Mustangs.
[post=420895]Quoted post[/post]​

V6's dont belong in mustangs. big meaty V8's are......
have u ever driven a V6 mustang? theyre slow as shit....(even with a V8 they are slow)

V6 in civic is kinda pointless, look at the majority(all except like 2 or 3 drag cars) of the drag cars, and they are powered by 4 cyclinders, with the exception of the AEM car, the Tanabe/Signal Civic, and one other I forget what it is( i think a crx).
4 cyclinder=just as fast, less money
6 cyclinder=more weight, more money

Regardless, it would be cool to see a V6 in a Civic. I wouldn't want all of your comments (everyone here collectively) to discourage this guy from trying an engine transplant like this. There just aren't any ready made solutions on the market for a V6 swap into a Civic, but that doesn't mean he can't do it.

I would love to see that done...God luck with the project....

I know It can be done with a lot of fab. anything Is possible...
I'm doing some crazy project too..... Im turning the engine sideways on a mits. eclipse... and using XXX tranny....making it RWD.... IM also doing an h22 swap on 1st GEN CRX and Hopefully when I get done with it i'll start on a Mits. Conquest....

al I got to say Is That....... Damn.......Good Luck
:thumbsup:

not try to scare him away but if he had the ability to do it he would not be here asking for a mount kit. this is prob his first swap and it would be a shame if he got halfway through the could not finish it

I dont know about the US, but in Canada V6 accords weren't offered with a standard tranny until 2004. The 98-03 model never came as a manual. The new 04-05 models come with a 6-speed.

As cool as as a V6 hatchback would be, how about this for a cool swap:
Take a 94-97 Accord V6 coupe body and swap in a H22A.....mount it at close as posible to the firewall as you can get. Since the V6 coupe's engine bay is much longer than the 4 cylinder's, it would pretty much be a Mid-engine, front wheel drive setup.....stick on a nice suspention setup and go race. Wayyy cooler than a front heavy V6 hatch (that thing would handle like a bag of boiled ass).

i was going to do a v6 swap in my civic yrs ago before i had my b18c put in. the only reason why i did not do it is cause of money it would take to do it.

if you want to know what motors workis the old late 80 acura, nsx, and 97or newer v6 will work not to many people do the swap cause of the money it would take to do it..........
call this place it is called place racing they did a 95 civic with a nsx motor in it..

here is there e-mail
info@placeracing.com
the vigor motor will not work cause it is to long........

Back