V6 Swap in-to Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the v6 rwd swap isnt stupid to do, it just takes plenty of thinking and pre planning. and planning as you go.

and as far as the F&F Tokyo Drift. im driving and paying for an 05 Mustang GT. So that comment was just dumb. anyone who automatically wanted to drift AFTER seeing that movie needs to leave the car world. that comment was directed to 15 year olds. not people who remember what it used to be like when we would go to the middle of bumfuck nowhere to screw around. not on the streets.

ANYWAYS. in the future ill be doing this. and ill make a thread with plenty of videos. because 90% of the crazy project cars have pictures and videos of the car just idling. and maybe rolling down the driveway.

since ive started this thread im looking into buying a 74' Chevy Nova. as far as what ill do with it yet im not sure.

Might just give it some crazy horsepower and killer suspension and make a drift car for the D1GP. was gona do a RB swap. but i guess another F&F ricer joke would come from the depths.

the v6 rwd swap isnt stupid to do, it just takes plenty of thinking and pre planning. and planning as you go.

You're never ever gonna convince me that it's not a stupid thing to do. Yes, I know it can be done, but seriously, WHY?!? Why waste thousands and thousands of dollars swapping a V6 motor and a rear-wheel-drive setup into a car that was never meant to be setup like that?

If you want a rear-wheel drive import compact, then just buy one from the start. Just get a 240, RX-7, whatever. Any RWD Civic that you build is never going to be as reliable as one of those cars, simply because the factory designed it with RWD in mind, where as the Civic was NOT designed that way. Not to mention the fact that all the money you're going to spend just doing the conversion could go towards actually dropping a built SR20 into a 240. You're setting yourself back from the beginning. It just doesn't make any sense. The only real reason I'd see to do something like that is just for the uniqueness factor for car shows.

I'm not bashing you or saying that you can't do it, I mean you sound like an experienced car guy and I'm sure you could make it work. I'm just saying from any standpoint you look at it (money-wise, performance potential, reliability, etc.) it would make tons more sense to just start with a RWD car.

ANYWAYS. in the future ill be doing this. and ill make a thread with plenty of videos. because 90% of the crazy project cars have pictures and videos of the car just idling. and maybe rolling down the driveway.

I'm not crazy about the EG hatches, but I'd love to see pics of your work in progress. These crazy franken-car hacks are what I live for.

I'm not bashing you or saying that you can't do it, I mean you sound like an experienced car guy and I'm sure you could make it work. I'm just saying from any standpoint you look at it (money-wise, performance potential, reliability, etc.) it would make tons more sense to just start with a RWD car.

You are 100% right. However, there's no accounting for taste. If I'm an ass-man, there's nothing you could say that would convince me that breasts are better or make more sense. Know what I mean?

Attachments

• robrwd.jpg
    robrwd.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 295
  • rwdcivicdyno.JPG
    rwdcivicdyno.JPG
    598.8 KB · Views: 283
You are 100% right. However, there's no accounting for taste. If I'm an ass-man, there's nothing you could say that would convince me that breasts are better or make more sense. Know what I mean?

Well that's pretty much what I was trying to say. If you look at it from any angle besides personal taste and preference (i.e. cost, reliability, etc.) it makes more sense to either just start with a RWD car in the first place and build on that, or, if you want to build a Honda, then to just keep it FWD and spend your money on a sweet motor and suspension setup instead.

If your heart is set on having a RWD V6 Civic though, and you're willing to deal with the headaches and high costs that will inevitably come with a project like that, then go for it. I'll give you props if you can actually make it work.

as far as the F&F Tokyo Drift. im driving and paying for an 05 Mustang GT. So that comment was just dumb.

I dont know about where you live but here in NC and In NYC as soon as F&F cam out you started to see the neon painted civics with all the graphics(Ricers mostly).

and When Tokyo drift was being talked about(about 3months before theaters), I started seeing all these things for drifting(out here they do it in the coliseum parking lots, and its all organized)

most of that was when I was in high school and a lot of people were into cars but after F&F. all the ricers popped out.

Well that's pretty much what I was trying to say. If you look at it from any angle besides personal taste and preference (i.e. cost, reliability, etc.) it makes more sense to either just start with a RWD car in the first place and build on that, or, if you want to build a Honda, then to just keep it FWD and spend your money on a sweet motor and suspension setup instead.

I'm sure the guy that did it is one of those people that has their mind set on that one car(Honda civic), maybe they don't like Nissan or Mazda, and don't have any money for a s2k.

or like my boys, they street race for money and what ever gives them the better edge is what they want, who in there right mind would say that Toyota Paseo is going to be fast, so they take the biggest POS and turn it into a sleeper that Toyota im talking about has a single turbo supra engine in it but it looks completely stock on the outside original paint, slightly tinted windows, original 13 or 14 inch wheels beefly ass tires though, of course a few dents. and a roll bar just behind the rear seat and inside the trunks(I think its holding the rear-end under it). It aslo helps that their Parents own like 3 junkyards in Hunts Pointe(Area in the Bronx that all the automotive places are junkyard, window places, etc.) all they do it cut up the cars in the yard and piece there cars together. last time I talked to that dude he way working on a regal T-type(80's turbo V6 Buick, i think a 3.4L ) Chevy Corsica. I'll tell you know if you go out to hunts point and see a little spanish guy in a POS car don't race him for money.

i bet the car has just a turbo nothing else, but seeing all that fab. it looks very heavy, like all the fab. work id say its probly sitting a 3000-4000 lbs its nice and all but too rice for me, id like to see it fully built if theres parts for it.

Back