V6 swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well your right, but one thing is that a SB V8 weighs way more than the v6 , but yes i will have to get a nice suspension setup.
if you look the weight of the hatch in the video that BIG posted, is only sitting at 2300lbs, with a 65/35 which isnt too bad, i dont think it will be "unsafe", but still i will need some thing to handle the extra weight.

Good luck tho, it will be neat to see and something to turn peoples eyes and ears. Hell i think even the cops would be interested.

Unless its going to be a full drag race or a "wow look at that" show car then handling will be an issuse.

True, however i have seen a video where they tried to prove that vans can handle better than previously thought. In a small AutoX competition they compared a regular Honda Odyssey against a Daytona Charger and the Odyssey won by a decent amount. Personally i dont think it was too fair, a daytona charger isnt exactly light, no turning radius and is longer than a football field. Some decent suspension and a bit of weight reduction a van could do ok.

Here is a few pics of the J35, i dont know when ill be able to take it apart and re build it, but i will post pics when i do.

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

And got bored At work....:D
DSCN0038.jpg

look at these Slicks...:p
DSCN0040.jpg

Hopefully your tires were due for a change, if they werent they are now. All good fun tho.

well if you're gonna do a v6 you might as well make it rwd too, and use a 3.2 TL motor while youre at it, oh and turbocharge it :eek:

rwdcivic1gg3.jpg

rwdcivic4hd6.jpg

rwdcivic5jy8.jpg

rwdcivic7iy2.jpg

na i will stick to the FWD V6 since hasport already has stuff coming out, that is pretty cool, well not to fond of the looks but it would be fun...:p

but 12.4 out of a J32 EK with I/E , i dont think you could JUST turbo a stock D16 and run that

Oh it could be done. What he's saying is on a budget of $1500, he could make his little D16 outrun your V6 in the quarter AND in turns.

Not really too hard to break into the 12's. You just gotta put the power to the pavement.

Oh it could be done. What he's saying is on a budget of $1500, he could make his little D16 outrun your V6 in the quarter AND in turns.

Not really too hard to break into the 12's. You just gotta put the power to the pavement.

I KNOW, yes the D is cheaper. and if i wanted to be like the 487237683458 person to do a D i would.
I got the J35 for free and i feel like dropping it into a hatch.

Did it

I put the J32A2 (make sure you get the engine that had the auto trans or you will be swapping a lot of sensors) in my civic. Its pretty easy to actually put the engine in. Hardest part is rounding up all the parts. I would opt that you find an entire wrecked vehicle to do the swap to save running around looking for parts and you will save a lot of cash. Parts stores dont carry anything for the 6 speed not even a starter. Majestic honda www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. New parts are surprisingly low considering but usually have to wait a week or 2. Tim Beadle at Arizona Performance Imports makes the harness and does a bangup job. I work with electronics and wiring everyday and its not something I wanted to mess with. Also the hasport mounts work with any j series engine. The trans from and accord can be had easier than the acura and I believe the parts are interchangeable. The accord does not have limited slip differential though but you can order it from Acura for $847 not totally sure it will fit yet let you know soon. Also my trans is from a 2006 accord as long as the engine that your trans was bolted to was a j series its a real good chance you can use it. Also I heard talk about the immobilizer being a problem for some people you dont need the key or any of that b.s. the immobilizer only puts a ground on the fuel pump relays coil so all you have to do is permanently ground that wire and no more immobilizer. www.helminc.com has all the manuals on line and it has the schematic for this. Also it has the schematic for the backup switch, and speed sensors which will be my next puzzle to figure out.

I just picked up a J35A1 out of a 01 odyssey for free from work, the motor needs a re-build but no big deal. ive hear/seen the V6 swap into a civic, i hear hasport has some mounts out now but for the 3.0/3.2 i think, i was wondering if the j30 and j35 share the same block, like where every thing bolts up and what not.
Next is does anyone know what trans. would bolt up to it?
i was thinking the accord might if the bolt pattern is the same, but just need some info on this cause i want to do a swap that no one around here ( where i live) would ever think of.
im thinking of putting it into a Hatch (EG).
and another thing would be the ECU? not to sure which ones i can use, cause i want to go manual trans. hope i can get some help.
this will be a project no rush to get it on the road.

thanks.

ive been looking into all this for the past year now i just havent had time to mess with it, i got side tracked with my E30 project. I will probably start on it some time in the next few months, the only thing i cant really find is a light weight flywheel. and tring to keep tabs on 6 speed trannys for sell....lol

Back