vacuum advanced distributor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nah, i'm talking about the old school bitches...

lets say vacuum advanced timing...
what do you do about vac advanced timing on an obd0 motor...
just unhook it so it stays retarted throughout the rev range?

my 86 crx si, and the swapped D16A1 motor both have vacuum advanced timing... with vac hoses going to the actual distributor...

Make sure you use an 86-87 Integra ECU & Distributor. That's the only DOHC ECU (besides a JDM one) designed to work with a Vacuum Advance Ignition (distributor) which only came on the 86-87 Integra's.

fuck if i know.. lol i know next to nothing about obd0

lmao...

yea, i have been thinking of doing a turbo setup on my rex for some time now... have some parts here and there for it already... as we all do...

but then i was thinking about the vacuum advanced distributor...
not really sure how i could "tune" this either since the timing is sort of mechanical with a vacuum dependency thrown in there to mix it up...

the crx si turbo page i read suggested using an MSD device to control timing...
i know for ghetto rigs you need to check valve the MAP so it won;t read boost...
but, what to do about the timing...
i would think setting it at maybe 5 degrees after top dead center would be a reasonable (SAFE) place for it to spark all the way through the power range...
obviously no vacuum advance cause there's postivie manifold pressure, plus i don't want it advancing and grenading the motor...

i dunno- talk to air jockey. he boosted his 87 crx si. he was just using an FMU and a t25 or something... no standalone of any kinds...

and BTW, those MSD BTM don't do shit. once it goes to WOT, the ecu goes to closed loop and runs it set program anyway.

they work great for half throttle, when you're not even boosting... lol

Back