Vacuum lines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

ok this turbo setup is the first i'm doing by myself and it's kicking my ass...i need help with running the vacuum lines...for right now i'm not using a boost controller so i ran the line from the internal wastegate directly to the turbo...how should i go about the vacuum lines with the fmu and the bov, how can i connect them and what is the best vacuum source to hook them into?

get some vaccume t fittings and hose from autozone. or buy a golden eagle vaccume manifold. run the lines from anything convienient, it really doesnt matter.

yup get some t's from autozone. i would go closest to the intake manifold as possible

I dont know about tapping into the brake booster....I'd probably find another line! I cant imagine if u blew a line off while under boost, that a leak in the brake booster would be a good spot to have a leak at! JMO anywayz

the brake booster has a bypass valve on it. its perfectly fine to tap into it there. Thats what I did.

DSC00893.JPG

DSC00895.JPG

You can just run the vac line from the wastegate and the BOV to ports on the intake manifold.... My h22a stock intake mani has several vac ports.

please ditch the FMU and get tuned properly. as we all know, it's not safe to run stock timing maps on more than say 6 psi on a stock motor forever.

well i live in an area where there are no performance shops...if you even mentioned hondata where i live they might laugh at you and tell you to just put a chevy 350 into your car...there a select few people who could do it (probably) but finding them and trusting them to your car is a problem

well i live in an area where there are no performance shops...if you even mentioned hondata where i live they might laugh at you and tell you to just put a chevy 350 into your car...there a select few people who could do it (probably) but finding them and trusting them to your car is a problem

if you cant find someone, then learn it yourself. diy efi ftw.

That is my problem. I live in good ol' West Virginia right now and the hillbillies down yander never heard of a turbo charger and the hillbillies up-air aint got a clue either.

yea i actually live in wheeling, wv...so yea it's kinda sad when the 2 fastest cars in my area are a 300z and srt4 that aren't even close to some of the mods that the guys do onthis forum

please ditch the FMU and get tuned properly. as we all know, it's not safe to run stock timing maps on more than say 6 psi on a stock motor forever.

street tunig with chrome is like $80. i could give you a bass map that would definitely run it better than fmu ever will. if you stick with fmu your cars pretty much finished

where do you get chrome...i do not exagerate when i say there are absolutely no performance shops near me...plus i'm not nearly capable enough or willing enough to mess with my ecu...i have never done anything like that before and i cannot screw it up

look here's the thing...i'm gonna swap from an auto to a manual not too long from now but not too soon either...should i just wait until i buy the manual ecu, ship that one out and thn swap it in because i cannot afford to wait to send my ecu have it chipped and sent back...i need my car basically everyday. question now, if i chip my ecu will i need to still use the fmu?

Back