Vacuum routing for D16Z6+CRX Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Exodus

I'm trying to eliminate the factory emissions control devices from the chassis and the engine, respectively.

No matter where I look, I cannot find the diagrams for the correct routing between both cars.

I've removed the solenoid on the firewall, as well as the MAP sensor. I will use the MAP sensor on the throttle body of the Z6.

The charcoal canister is staying. The red rubber hose runs to the firewall and the braided runs to the curved nipple on the top of the throttle body, correct?

This leaves the dash pot on the top of the charcoal canister left. As far as I can tell, you run a standard vacuum line from that to the back of the manifold, where there is a small nipple by itself. Is this correct?

I will remove the solenoid from the rear of the intake manifold and plug it to avoid any vacuum leak.

The fpr will keep it's standard vacuum source and the PCV system will be left unmodified, except for either a breather filter on the valve cover, or an oil canister between the intake tubing and the valve cover to maintain that vacuum source but leave it clean instead of soiled with oil.

As far as I can tell, this should allow the car to run properly and will not throw any codes. I'm going for the idea of removing what isn't necessary without removing stuff that is. The MAP and the O2 remain unaffected as well as the PCV system and the sources of engine vacuum.

Can anyone see any problems with this? Is there anything I need to alter in this process or consider? Will this throw any codes? Let me know guys :)

Quoted post[/post]]
The charcoal canister is staying. The red rubber hose runs to the firewall and the braided runs to the curved nipple on the top of the throttle body, correct?
Correct...

This leaves the dash pot on the top of the charcoal canister left. As far as I can tell, you run a standard vacuum line from that to the back of the manifold, where there is a small nipple by itself. Is this correct?
I believe so...

But why are you keeping the charcoal canister? I've removed the charcoal canister from EVERY car I've ever swapped, and never thrown any codes because of it...if you're keeping the canister, you might as well keep the EVAP purge solenoid...I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it has something to do with the canister...if you're gonna remove one, might as well remove the other.

Back