VAFC comments?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I have a daily driven 99 civic ex with I/H/E, skunk2 intake manifold, tokico suspension, short throw, yeah yeah, blah...

I was wondering what everyone/anyone thought of the Apex'i VAFC. What do you think? I am not looking for any kind of gain HP wise out of this. I was however just lookng for a good tuning out of my car, air/fuel allignment. But, i was talking to a guy that owns an import shop about an hour from where i live and he said that it would be a good thing to get. He said that he would install it for around $80, that includes dyno time and him fully tuning it for me.

Would the controller be worth it to me?

really, for tuning purposes, its almost a joke. There is no way to adjust ignition timing, and really, that is where alot of the power is.

I am not looking for any kind of gain HP wise out of this. I was however just lookng for a good tuning out of my car, air/fuel allignment.

Then what's the point?

IMO, a VAFC is a great compliation to a <insertchiphere> chipped ECU, like a mugen spec p28 on an ITR motor for example.
but for anything else, as collin said, its overrated

Thanks for the replies, but what i meant to say is that i am not expecting a significant increase in HP, nothing like 20 hp to the crank. Thats what i was trying to say, sorry it was late at night, as it is now.

When I do have it installed are they going to have to have to drill holes into my dash or into anyplace on my car for the installation? The man installing it said i could have it basically anywhere, i have this small space right under my cd player that would work pretty good if it will fit into it.

Originally posted by Harms Way@Jul 26 2004, 12:16 AM
When I do have it installed are they going to have to have to drill holes into my dash or into anyplace on my car for the installation? The man installing it said i could have it basically anywhere, i have this small space right under my cd player that would work pretty good if it will fit into it.
[post=368039]Quoted post[/post]​

Basicly, just get creative. It comes with a little mounting plate and some double sided tape.

Back