1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAFC comments?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Harms Way, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

I have a daily driven 99 civic ex with I/H/E, skunk2 intake manifold, tokico suspension, short throw, yeah yeah, blah...

I was wondering what everyone/anyone thought of the Apex'i VAFC. What do you think? I am not looking for any kind of gain HP wise out of this. I was however just lookng for a good tuning out of my car, air/fuel allignment. But, i was talking to a guy that owns an import shop about an hour from where i live and he said that it would be a good thing to get. He said that he would install it for around $80, that includes dyno time and him fully tuning it for me.

Would the controller be worth it to me?

2. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

It's aight...I got one, not for tuning though, just for display purposes I guess.

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

really, for tuning purposes, its almost a joke. There is no way to adjust ignition timing, and really, that is where alot of the power is.

Then what's the point?

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

IMO, a VAFC is a great compliation to a <insertchiphere> chipped ECU, like a mugen spec p28 on an ITR motor for example.
    but for anything else, as collin said, its overrated

5. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, but what i meant to say is that i am not expecting a significant increase in HP, nothing like 20 hp to the crank. Thats what i was trying to say, sorry it was late at night, as it is now.

When I do have it installed are they going to have to have to drill holes into my dash or into anyplace on my car for the installation? The man installing it said i could have it basically anywhere, i have this small space right under my cd player that would work pretty good if it will fit into it.

6. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Basicly, just get creative. It comes with a little mounting plate and some double sided tape.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted