VAFC hack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

VAFC hack what is it?
why is it better then a fmu?
will it work on a d15b7 turbo?

An VAFC Hack is a piggyback fuel computer made by Apex.. Its used to control air/fuel ratio maps and control the engagement and disgagment of vtec.. Im not sure if you can use it a nonvtec car, but maybe you can and just make the vtec controller program obsolete.. Most of the time, ive only heard it to be used for all motor vtec cars.. not turbo.. for a turbo a S-AFC or a AVC-R is what you want for a turbo appilication.. a fmu is okay for low boost below 11psi ish, but the technology is pretty old and it runs too rich.. also it was made for carbs.. its just tossed in with a turbo kit so it makes the turbo kit run and thats about it.. people usually highly suggest a better fuel management than fmu..hopes that helps.. correct me if im wrong too anyone..

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Aug 20 2003, 04:29 PM
VAFC hack what is it?
why is it better then a fmu?
will it work on a d15b7 turbo?

1) see above explanation with the added information that you must run bigger injectors (resistor box) if you want it to take the place of your fmu. (i.e. blue box or wahtever)

2)you can tune ur a/f better, and not run AS rich, thereby saving some gas and running a tad better

3)that is the dx model? i dont think Vafc will run on a non-vtec motor, you might wanna get the AFC which IMO is more usefull than the vafc, because in all reality...you really dont need to mess with ur vtec unless your shit is really built.

You should be able to run a VAFC on a non-VTEC car- just don't use the VTEC function, and use the rev points to tune.

Back