vafc hack?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kell211

does any one know if it is possible to get the equivelant of the vafc hack out of a greddy e-manage? i have the profec e-01 that will allow me to change and edit way more shit than i know about, so i though it may be possible. and if so, how or does anyone know of a site i could go to to learn about doing this with an e-manage?

the profec eo-1 is a boost controller, not emanage.

but, as long as you can get the fuel into like -30%, it can be used as a hck

i've got both, emanage with the profec. is it possible to do the hack with 370 iinjectors, or do you need at least 450's? and as far as acually setting up the hack, it's going in and getting at least -30% throughout the rpm range, correct? any idea what the adjustment would be like on 370's, if that's possible?

on 370s, you might lean out hard up top.
but down low, it will be LESS of a negative adjustment, say -20%, as they are smaller.

you really shoudl be doing all this on a dyno with a wideband, so you know what kinda of a/f's you are throwing out.

thanks for the help. i'm trying to make my way to a dyno as soon as possible. i'm just trying to get the car where it won't be throwing cel's every time it leaves the garage. learning one step at a time, thanks.

let me see if i have this right, it's pretty much a math equation right? hypothetically, if at a certain rpm range you want your 450 injectors at 30%, which would mean the 450's are working at 70% of their capability (which is 315, 450x.7=315).

then, to find the percentage the 370's should be at, find the percentage that will put them at 315. which would be -15%. putting them at 85% of their capability, which is 314.5 (370x.85=314.5).

is that right?

i dont think thats how its done.

when you lower it on the vafc/emanage to -30%, you are lowering the volume of fuel by 30%, but that doesn't not mean it is only working 70% of its capacity.

but, as far as a ratio, it would work to give an idea where the 370's should be at wouldn't it? even if it is a pecentage decrease of fuel volume, wouldn't you be able to find where the 370's and the 450's would be making the same fuel volume using that equation? if the numbers match, then the car would be getting the same fuel volume, the percentage it's set at would just be different depending on the size of the injector. or am i way off?

not necessarily- because volume is determined for how long the injector is held open (duty cycle), and that is not 1:1 based on volume. there's really no constant to compare it to

thanks for all the help. i guess i'm going to suck it up and buy bigger injectors just to make sure. i definately don't want to take a big chance on going too lean until i can make my way to a dyno. does rc make saturated injectors in any size? i guess if i'm going to be spending money, i might as well get at least 550cc's. i'm hoping to get to 15 psi after i can get it on the dyno.

Back