VAFC hack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

when running an FI car with the VAFC hack, is it tuned for one PSI max value (say, tuned for 12 psi at full boost) and it stays that way? Or is it open to increasing PSI - say a few extra from a boost controller. I'm unfamiliar as to how the thing works. If anyone has the info, I'm just wondering.

i don't know if this will make sence, but i'll try. when using the hack the amount your setting it for is for the max psi your wanting to run, or in most cases the most you can run without running lean on fuel or throwing the cel. for the most part you let the ecu do the adjusting after that. most of the people i've looked at don't acually run one negative value across the board, but acually go about 5% richer toward high rpm's. setting a pretty consistent number allows the ecu to perform stock increases and decreases (percentage wise) to the fuel map. this is at least my understanding of the hack so far. i'm currently trying to set mine up using an emanage and profec e-01 on 370's and nobody seems to use the e-01. so i'm stuck experimenting.

nice man, I'm just wondering if the hack is variable. I'm under the distinct impression that it is a single tune (ie, 12 psi, and thats it). and non variable.

it seems to me that it would be variable, only very few people take the time to try to set it up that way. it would require some time and serious data loging to see what boost you were pushing and where. surely if you knew that, then you would be able to adjust the fuel at those points accordingly. makes since, right? unless my logic is shot somewhere, it seems like it's possible to set it up for different levels of boost. i think people just set it at a single value across the rpm and throttle ranges because it's easy and runs okay a little rich, so they don't have to take the time to really tune it.

^^ but its not like your running boost all the time. So like for daily driving (not driving hard) how would it know your not in boost, so its still running fuel for 12psi (for example). am i right or can it somehow be tuned for recognizing boost so your not running fuel for 12psi at vacuum or 0psi. hopefully i didnt sound like a retard right there.

your on the right track, it can't be told that there is no boost. but under normal driving conditions, it's not dumping mad amounts of gas either, unless you have it set that way. it's at it's leanest under 4k, the way most people set it up. so, that should be normal daily driving. the only times i've had trouble with the way the car acts is under is when trying to run higher rpm's out of boost. for example, not down shifting, but letting the car build slowly in the gear your in, kind of feels slugish. but, down shift and it's fine. i'm personally still getting a little hesitation about 5k in first gear, but i think it's from still running too rich. i'm leaning mine out slowly, trying not to fuck anything up.

Back