vafc I or vafc II?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

should I spend the money I have on the VAFC I for my turbo, or should I save a few more dollars and get the VAFC II. is there a whole lot of difference. I am using it to help tune my motor for my turbo. I am running injectors and FMU or 12:1. or I might just not use the FMU. what do you guys and girls(if there are any) think?

Thanks
Darin

I use to own a vafc and currently have the vafc II. IMO there isn't much difference between the two other than looks and that the vafc II can be used for K-series motors as well. I mean there are a few things difference but they both get the job done. a vafc will probably be cheaper than the vafc II.

:werd:

password protection = teh ish. it keeps anyone that doesn't know your password from changing the settings you've saved on the vafc II.

i wish i had one on my tach for the shift light---people are always turnin the knob, and settin the shift light at like 10K. my passenger(my girlfriend)likes changing the views on the vafc from gauge view to graphs and it sort of pisses me off. wish I could lock vafc1.
on the website for the VAFC 2 it says the shipping weight is 8lbs. Thats really a heavy VAFC...my ecu was only 1lb.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 12 2004, 02:32 PM
i wish i had one on my tach for the shift light---people are always turnin the knob, and settin the shift light at like 10K. my passenger(my girlfriend)likes changing the views on the vafc from gauge view to graphs and it sort of pisses me off. wish I could lock vafc1.
on the website for the VAFC 2 it says the shipping weight is 8lbs. Thats really a heavy VAFC...my ecu was only 1lb.

I don't know, holding it in my hands the vafc II doesn't feel anywhere near 8 lbs.

Back