VAFC Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Will a VAFC be of any benefit to me?

I have a stock B16A SirII w/I/H/E.

What sort of stuff can I do with this unit.....In laymans terms (I didnt understand half of the shit on the apex site).

With some time on the dyno, is it possible to free up some HP with a VAFC?

Thanks very much.

Ya, I know.......just to make the best of what I have, thats all.... Is this an item worth buying?

playing with mine on the dyno got around 6hp with the same basic set up, not a whole lot.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 30 2004, 02:07 AM
playing with mine on the dyno got around 6hp with the same basic set up, not a whole lot.
[post=439025]Quoted post[/post]​

But would this be a worthwhile purchase if I were to start upgrading things like cams, valvetrain ect....? I dont think I will require something as advanced as a Hondata system, but I'd like to have some sort of tuning capability when I upgrade parts. Will this unit provide the basic functions I require to make the most of my modifications?

Get a wideband o2 and a VAFC and you can have some minor tuning capabilities, about what you are looking at. Not the best, but better than nothing.

i think it would be beneficial with the new cams and larger injectors

a "good" fuel management system includes
larger injectors,FPR,fuel pump,VAFC(to control fuel delivery with more precision)wide band O2 sensor,anything that tells you how the motor is functioning...

Also some cam gears will let you move the power curve around a little too. You won't need bigger injectors, FPR, rail, pump with that set up, unless you go big on cams, then you will want to look into higher compression anyway, it is a sickness, you will become infected.

Back