VAFC tune... its not the best????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
this is my deal...

dyno pricing is as follows

$50 2 pulls/ base line
$75 1hr self tuned
$150 1hr CFT tuned
$225 1hr CFT tuned w/ chip for ecu
$25 for WB a session

my car is untuned as of today(sitting)..i would like to know if i bought a VAFC; would i be able to tune in my 450ccs' and install the zex kit... with a spoon chiped ecu and be fine...

at that point, i would only need to pay for $75 worth of dyno insted of $225....

does any one know of a place/write up on how i could learn how to set the vafc...i'm also buying the plx m300..and plan on finalizing the tune on the dyno...

i just want the ability to tune the car with out a lab top and having to learn all the shit i need to learn with crome or turbo edit....(is it hard?)

it gets expensive!!
BTW i bought 2 P205/50R-14 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial for $208.00 at TireRack.com.....going on steelies..

i'm not going to use them that much so it doesnt matter; also my teg rims are 14", so when i get my 16"s' ill just put the bfgs on the gsrs.

any thoughts on the tune?

you can tune yourself... but its gonna take years of learning before you get as good as the pros...

i would take B's advise...

hmm, that site is a little disappointing...
i mean the guy obviously does GREAT work...
but only one H22 case study, sleeved and 110 octane and still only made 414 hp...

holy shit, 420 whp from an ls/vtec with 100 octane and STOCK SLEEVES :drool:

i wonder how much it takes to build a 400-600 hp honda...
seems a little ridiculous as far as getting it to hook up... but damn
serious money on those pages...
FULL RACE this, and FULL RACE that
lol

sent him an email.....

why is it that we dont talk more about tuning? it is the most important part of a set up but the least talked about....

i love talking about tuning.

problem is, everyone here wants to run fmu's and hack jobs or whatever.

more so, tuning is a LOT of trial and error, and experience.

talking about it is pretty meaningless without a car in front of you, do a pull, examie the results, and decide what to do to fix whatever is happeneing.

i just spoke with a local shop and they told me that i could not tune over 370cc injectors with a vafc hack...what do i do? i dont want to spend all that money on a dyno... $225 an hr is steep

why can't you tune 370cc's with a vafc?

does a vafc allow you to alter timing?
or just alter the fuel maps and vtec engagement.?

450's work and are the max for a vafc.

i'd say that shop doesn't know what they are doing.

downlaod uberdata.
buy a $179 chip burner
a couple chips @ $2 a pop
and socket your ecu for $15

under 200 bucks, cheaper than a vafc, and you can be fully set up for standalone-like tuning capabilities.

you can use a rom emulator to do the tune right?

i'm not sure if i have this right or not, but from what i gather you can use the emulator, tune it to your needs and then copy that file to a permanent chip...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 23 2005, 02:07 PM

downlaod uberdata.
buy a $179 chip burner
a couple chips @ $2 a pop
and socket your ecu for $15

[post=477598]Quoted post[/post]​

and if you want to go even cheaper you can get just the burn1 from moates for $85 it doesnt let you do any romulating or dataloging so there is more trial and error involved and you have to pull the chip and reburn it for each change made but it is a cheaper way to go for just a burner. If you want romulating capabilities check out the Ostrich from moates it works pretty well with with uberdata and is 175. Check out the uberdata forums too there is a lot of helpful information.

sure ill go to whatever site i have to go to and buy what ever i have to buy..
also i have a new laptop i can use... i would like to hook up the lap top to the ecu to do real time tuning (or whatever its called)...

.i know that turbo edit and chrome are good for obd0 tuning.....
also, that obd1 is better; however i'm buying these thing now.and i can still use the same hardware to burn obd1/0 chips..

assuming that i have the entire set up ready to go installed. i still would have no idea on how to set it . thats my problem.

i'll start here
http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/WebHome

after down loading turbo edit and looking over the pr3 bin; i decided to look over the forums...for more info because it makes no sense..

after reading for a while i noticed no one helps any one...its imposible..and as a noob its hopeless...

i just want to know how to create and burn chips using t.e or other software
HELP

looking a bin is meaning less. its computer code. lol. unless you know each hex memory location, of course :p

basicalyl, you want to install the software, play with it. congrats, you'r tuning.

move the fuel maps a little bit, go through the initial setup, blah blah blah... if you can use windows, you can use hon/ubderdata (i've never used turbo edit, or chrome so i can't even say wht it looks like)

once you like what you have, you save it/export it to the romulator or chip burner.

Back