1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAFCII help

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by zman, Oct 24, 2004.

1. zman

zman Junior Member

I want to raise the VTEC crossover on my b16 with the use of my VAFCII. When i did the swap i chipped a p28 but they set the vtec crossover to 4800rpm. In my opinion that is way too low.
    Now, since the ecu is chipped and i am raising the vtec crossover [V/T Cont] via the VAFC do i need to set the fuel correction at VTEC unmatch [V/T Unmt] to anything.
    I figured if anything it would probably be a (-) number b/c the ecu would think vtec has crossed over at 4800rpm, while really i would change it to 5200-5500rpm, so it would be sending enough fuel vtec but really it wouldn't have crossed over yet.
    If i left the [V/T Unmt] at 0% would i be running too rich and be hurting performance more than just having the ecu crossover vtec at 4800rpm?

I know its kinda stupid to have a chipped ecu and a vafc but it was a present, so i figured i could use it to lower vtec x-over.

2. dok

dok Senior Member

don't want to be a dick but if i was you i will sell the p28 and the vafc and buy a p72 much better and much easier thats what i have in my hb with a b16a and it runs great

3. zman

zman Junior Member

why would i get a p72 (gsr ecu)? I have no knock sensor (hence the chipped p28) and no IAB (secondaries, only gsr manifolds has this) so i would definately through a couple of codes. The VTEC crossover is 4400, the whole reason i posted was b/c i wanted to raise the vtec xover, that was set too low while chipping p28, to 5200-5500rpm.
    Instead i could just get another chip for my p28 with the proper settings, but i got a VAFC2 for my birthday so it was free.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted