Valentine Day Ideas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have already laid the prep for S&BJ day for the new girl.

This happens every year... I break up with a girl around the Christmas season, only to have a girl by Valentine's Day which of course tips the balance of not having to pay for a Christmas present.

The plans for Vday look something like this;
A single long stem rose. Depending on the colors they have available, if they have a nice orange/pink rose I'll go for the unique factor but otherwise I'll stick with a traditional red rose.

A card and a gourmet chocolate bar, but in this year's case probably gourmet chocolate covered pretzels from a local chocolate shop.

Dinner. Either going out somewhere or cooking a romantic dinner in, but since I've already set the stage by taking her out to a few nice restaurants I am probably doomed to going out to an upscale place for the "big holiday".

Piece of jewelry. She has a really light skin color, so I'll either go with a piece of silver jewelry like a bracelet or necklace or I've noticed she wears some really unique earrings and necklaces. Very difficult to describe exactly what style of jewelry this is but if I go into the local mom and pop jewelry shop I'm sure I can find her something unique that will fit her personality and style.

If we were together for longer I would get a hotel room for the night, but as is I guess my housemates will have to deal with the noise.

wow i think i'd be overwhelmed by all that. but is nice to see the effort going out from you guys.

There will actually probably be a movie in there somewhere.

She's been bugging the hell out of me to see The Eye, which I think is going to be mega-stupid and she's been trying to wheel and deal with me to get me to watch The Notebook. Supposedly I'll get a massage the entire time if I watch the movie with her.

Be like me and just do V-Day the day before the actual date. She'll be suprised and you'll avoid crowded restaraunts. Then on the actual day while everyone's out getting pissed because they are missing their reservations or something, you'll be at home watching a movie and getting your knob slobbed on...

do what i do every year. NOTHING. when the wife and i first started dating 8 years i go i told flat out i don't celebrate that corporate bullshit. and now neither does she.

do what i do every year. NOTHING. when the wife and i first started dating 8 years i go i told flat out i don't celebrate that corporate bullshit. and now neither does she.

Wow...I can't believe she lets you get away with that. How long did it take to convince her?

weve been togheter for 2 1/2 years anyway. i was thinking some flowers of coarse, maybe ill get her a nice hoodie or something. last year i got her a necklace and we went out to eat. hmmm

While she is gone, take Hersey kisses and sprinkle them from the door all the way to the bathroom shower. Hang roses from the shower head with an attached note saying "If I kiss the ground you walk on and shower you with roses, will you be my valentine?" Attach a ring or whatever else you want with the note. Works everytime.

Remember, girls want attention, not presents most the time.

Dinner and a movie.

And this involves a handicam.

Wow...I can't believe she lets you get away with that. How long did it take to convince her?
Not long at all. Started dating in April of 2000, following year i didn't get her anything and she didn't get me anything. She understands were i am coming from. It is corporate bullshit. The week before flowers are at regular price's but 2 days before they are 4 time the amount. All year long i do sweet things for her like going by her work and leaving a single rose on the car, make her favorite dinners all the time, out of the blue massage, call her just to say i love you, rose peddles all over the bed and floor, take her out to a nice restaurant for no reason, things like that allow me to get away with that. We have September 9th to celebrate our love for each other that is our anniversary.

Last edited:
Yeah, I reached that same conclusion with my girlfriend, and she lied. She said she agreed with me on marriage, kids and valentine's day to make me feel better, but deep down she liked the attention

So yeah, if you think you "came to an agreement" think again.

Yeah, I reached that same conclusion with my girlfriend, and she lied. She said she agreed with me on marriage, kids and valentine's day to make me feel better, but deep down she liked the attention

So yeah, if you think you "came to an agreement" think again.
If you don't believe me ask E or B they know her very well. They will tell you the same.

I have prospects and we'll see where they go tmr. Maybe a valentines day might happen for me after all.

While she is gone, take Hersey kisses and sprinkle them from the door all the way to the bathroom shower. Hang roses from the shower head with an attached note saying "If I kiss the ground you walk on and shower you with roses, will you be my valentine?" Attach a ring or whatever else you want with the note. Works everytime.

Remember, girls want attention, not presents most the time.

That's fucking awesome.

060524_cheney_vsmall8p.widec.jpg

donkey.jpg

Back